Thread: 2002 C5 Corvette - passenger gas tank removal - gas tank gauge issue

2002 C5 Corvette - passenger gas tank removal - gas tank gauge issue

Hey everyone!
    In my 2002 C5 I'm trying to remove even more weight and I removed the passenger side gas tank, sending unit, and transfer tube & lines.

In my tune (HP Tuners) I made both "Capacity & Primary Capacities" read 9.64 and "Zero'd out" my "Secondary Volume" table as well as shut off the 3 Errors I was getting.
    Whether the drivers tank is fuel or 1/2 full the gauge reads 1/2 full..... So I then tried a few other things inside the tune but no matter what it'll just read 1/2 full -- I need some help guys

Obviously the goal is for the fuel gauge to read accurately with just the drives tank.

Also, I know everything is correct as far as the plumbing and wiring, this just came off the dyno and it made big power with the prototype intank (3) 450L pump by Andy from Squash. I just need the gauge to work correctly.
    2002 C5 Vette - 408, YSI 10 rib, E85, ID1700's, Holley hi-ram, triple intank 450L Walbros, RPM drivetrain

1954 Ford hardtop - 2001 6.0L, SI cam, other goodies, 4l80e, nitrous outlet plate, Circle D converter, 9" ford - Airbagged 2 link (Ultimate Sleeper!)

Potential Tuner
    I can't help you the programing but I maybe able to help you fool the factory pcm to read half full on the gauge then go down from there. I found your post as I am reading and trying to teach myself how to program. let me know if want help. I have ben repairing fuel gauges for a long time. you may need to wire in at least one resistor and make sure your other sending unit has the right gauge sweep. Danny gm master tec.

Potential Tuner

Did you ever figure out the numbers? I want to remove my right side tank. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
    Hey everyone!
    In my 2002 C5 I'm trying to remove even more weight and I removed the passenger side gas tank, sending unit, and transfer tube & lines.

In my tune (HP Tuners) I made both "Capacity & Primary Capacities" read 9.64 and "Zero'd out" my "Secondary Volume" table as well as shut off the 3 Errors I was getting.
    Whether the drivers tank is fuel or 1/2 full the gauge reads 1/2 full..... So I then tried a few other things inside the tune but no matter what it'll just read 1/2 full -- I need some help guys

Obviously the goal is for the fuel gauge to read accurately with just the drives tank.

Also, I know everything is correct as far as the plumbing and wiring, this just came off the dyno and it made big power with the prototype intank (3) 450L pump by Andy from Squash. I just need the gauge to work correctly.