Thread: Issues with DBW,

Tuner in Training

Issues with DBW,

Phils 1998 328i with escalade dbw info.hptVCM Scanner.cfgPHILS 328I FIRST LOG NO THROTTLE CONTROL.hpl

I dont know if I did this right, trying to get a dbw setup working and i think the pcm was dbc before

Tuner in Training
    I had read somewhere that pin F at the APPS should be 1v at rest and 2v at WOT , mine is at like .45 v rest and 4.98 at WOT perhaps thats my issue? ill be heading back to the shop here soon and do some testing, I've got like 20 hours into this pedal issue, keeps throwing a p0122 code, i did once get it to throw ( after changing some stuff) p1125,2025,2120. i built the harness for this can, double triple checked it, maybe i messed something up? Tried 2 dif TAC and 3 diff APPS and 2 TB . I feel its a tuning issue but im a super noob . PCM is a 12576106. hardware 12570558. Thanks guys

Tuner in Training
    So I just changed some DTC settings and now I'm getting P1516, P0120,p1638APP percentage.hpl

Tuner in Training
    I got ahold of a 09354896 PCM will this work for dbw?

What DTC settings did you change?
    Can you post that tune?
    I`m interested in the codes and their cause.

Tuner in Training
    The codes were caused by trying to use a PCM that didnt have the ability to run a TAC module. the 896 PCM fixed it, now im trying to figure out how to tame the throttle sensitivity down, like quarter pedal movement and i have 70 percent throttle

Most APP/TPS mismatches are cause by the wrong APP or TAC being used together.
    On Gen 3 the APP(pedal) and TAC module must be from the same type and year of vehicle.
    You cannot mix truck and corvette parts on the same vehicle.
    The APP and the TAC have to be from the same model and should also be from the same year.
    The T/B can be a Gen 3 direct plug in or a Gen 4 with an adapter like Torque Rush.