Thread: 4L70 to 4L80 Trans Swap Issue

Senior Tuner

4L70 to 4L80 Trans Swap Issue

Installed a 4L80 in place of a 4L70. Car starts off in second and is stuck in 3rd after. I've adjusted for a 373 gear and all shift points have been adjusted. Log and Tune attached. Been trying different tabs under Trans Config to no avail. Anyone have an idea?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Any ENG/TRANS codes?

Senior Tuner
    Have to get them tomorrow. May have found something. Speedo:Trans:Final Drive:Trans is set to 1. Looks like that should also be set to 373. There was one trans error code but I cant remember the number of it
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Senior Tuner
    P1815 TFP Valve Position and P2769 Torque Converter Clutch. It has the 3-2 solenoid DTC but its been disabled in the tune as well as the 4L80 doesn't have one. I'm stumped good on this one guys.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I have a working segment swapped 4l80 in a TBSS file. Use it and segment swap yours.

Senior Tuner
    Thanks a bunch here Rick. Just getting this now; Ill swap it and give it a try. I'll head over to my friends place tomorrow, load this up, and see what we get.
    Cheers man.... this is a really nice share
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Senior Tuner
    Still not shifting for us. I think the Solenoid Bits are "out of order" there. The 80 says it wants 1,0,2,3 as the order. Before I try it though, does the DRI Config reference the same data? Should that match the order of operations in the Solenoid Bit table?
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Senior Tuner
    Just giving this a little bump. Headed to the car again now. Mechanic has checked and triple checked the wiring. Got to be something in this tune that is killing me here. 3 and 2 are files to try today. attaching 1, its on the car now and does not work.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Senior Tuner
    Sorry, my file manager will not upload a file. The one on the car now is above from Rickifast. I loaded the segment swap from the file that was posted, so that one has whats on the car right now and isnt working.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Senior Tuner
    Went back to square 1 and did the segment swap over again. Seems to be working! Comes back down to 1st as it should and scanner follows the shifter position as I run through them. Have no idea what happened but that p0787 should not have been able to even set, the 3-2 doesn't exist. Anyway, figured something had to have happened in the flash it didn't like. Sure enough, redid the swap and it's working.