Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 6L90E Help

In heavy trucks like mine and others I've done here's what normally I do.

Almost half on the shift times, .3000 is where I go depending on fluid temp in the table.
    Add 5-15% on shift pressures for gears 1-4.
    Add 10-20% to on-coming pressure presets.
    Sometimes do .9000 on the shift torque factor and leave everything else stock. I don't touch tip-in limits, torque reductions, limit tqmngt or flare TM.

Had great success with several trucks and friends I've helped, none are pushing tons of power though but hey they work and shift awesome now. My changes are pretty similar to what DDTech's are, though just in a slightly different application.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I am going to mess around with it today. I have all the learning school books on go from basic to expert. Hopefully they have good info on the virtual torque. I will stay away from the trans book. I am going to start again from stock and go from there. I believe the trans to be harder to tune than the motor

I adjusted adjusted the base pressure by 30% ( multiplied by 1.30, each table), increase the oncoming pressure by 10%, left the tm at 1.0. and changed the the max line pressure to 290. attached is my updated file and log. I am still working on the Virtual torque model and trying to log it but do not believe it to be right.

090917pressure changes.hpt
    trans test.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Do you even know what was modified in the tranny build. When clutches and clearances are not stock.... it changes how much pressures is need....
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Quote Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
    Do you even know what was modified in the tranny build. When clutches and clearances are not stock.... it changes how much pressures is need....
    \
    a Special made module kit that includes a Alto Red Eagle clutches and custom spec?d steels. These steels are made from 4140 HTSR steel and Kolene coated for increased rigidity. These improved steels allow more aggressive pressure ramps and will eliminated ?coning?. We also add our 3-5-R Alto Red Eagle Power Pack.Powerglide Billet clutch hub and shaft. This is the final solution for your 4-5-6 clutch needs. We use a custom machined billet hub and shaft that is cut to accept a custom Power Glide 6l80 / 6L90 power pack. This Power pack will come with 8 full thickness Alto RED Eagle power glide clutches , 7 HTSR steels, special thick .160″ base plate and a custom machined 4-5-6 piston. also includes TIG welded and Cryogenically treated #1TWS shafts and hubs (Includes both). We also include a 6L80 6L90 full Billet converter with an upgraded Billet steel stator (4 custom stators to choose from). The custom stators allow us to change fluid velocity tremendously giving our 6L80 torque converters unmatched efficiency. This converter also comes with an oversized billet apply piston and oversized apply clutch. This Billet 6L80 / 6L90 Converter will be custom built to your stall speed.Teflon coated pump bushing and Jumbo filter in your build. New Billet steel pump rotor . The stock pump rotor has been known to explode with very fast acceleration due to suddencentrifugal force shock. Finally 300 PSI line pressure has been achieved with the addition of the Sonnax #6L80-LB1 line pressure booster kit. Custom tuning must be performed to the TCM to accommodate the new parts.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dwright122 View Post
    \
    a Special made module kit that includes a Alto Red Eagle clutches and custom spec?d steels. These steels are made from 4140 HTSR steel and Kolene coated for increased rigidity. These improved steels allow more aggressive pressure ramps and will eliminated ?coning?. We also add our 3-5-R Alto Red Eagle Power Pack.Powerglide Billet clutch hub and shaft. This is the final solution for your 4-5-6 clutch needs. We use a custom machined billet hub and shaft that is cut to accept a custom Power Glide 6l80 / 6L90 power pack. This Power pack will come with 8 full thickness Alto RED Eagle power glide clutches , 7 HTSR steels, special thick .160″ base plate and a custom machined 4-5-6 piston. also includes TIG welded and Cryogenically treated #1TWS shafts and hubs (Includes both). We also include a 6L80 6L90 full Billet converter with an upgraded Billet steel stator (4 custom stators to choose from). The custom stators allow us to change fluid velocity tremendously giving our 6L80 torque converters unmatched efficiency. This converter also comes with an oversized billet apply piston and oversized apply clutch. This Billet 6L80 / 6L90 Converter will be custom built to your stall speed.Teflon coated pump bushing and Jumbo filter in your build. New Billet steel pump rotor . The stock pump rotor has been known to explode with very fast acceleration due to suddencentrifugal force shock. Finally 300 PSI line pressure has been achieved with the addition of the Sonnax #6L80-LB1 line pressure booster kit. Custom tuning must be performed to the TCM to accommodate the new parts.
    Havent heard many good things about red alto clutches lasting long. Regardless of that, a build like that will require very custom tuning, as well as proper install (machining, etc). It sounds pretty similar ot a circle d, century, or PATC build. Maybe contact them and see who tunes theirs.
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

Tuner
    Ensure you properly Readapt the trans to take effect of your changes.
    IF you dont know how to properly do this. you need to connect the VCMscanner, press the green button, go to trans tab, and hit the first 3 buttons in order, from top to bottom. do not do fast learn or the last tab. Drive around for alittle while, allowing the trans to learn down its pressures. It will auto adapt after a few drive cycles. Ensure upshift adapts are enabled under shift pressures.
    A absolute great way to learn is 6l80etuning.com Steve took me under his wing, and really opened the door for me a few years ago, the guy understands them like no other. and is willing to share knowledge.

Thanks for all the help. I will try this in the next day or so. Honestly I believe the trans tune now is really close 2nd to 3rd shifts at part throttle doesn't feel quite right but everything else does. I am going to try this and go from there. At weekend end if I don't feel I have it. I am going to reach out to a real tuner to get it done

Tuner
    Message me. When youre at that point.

Will do, rain here today/tonight so hopefully tomorrow afternoon

I really am starting to think something is wrong with the trans. No matter what changes I make the flaring just keeps getting worse on the first 3 gears and just slips. I can't figure this thing out

Tuning Addict
    Light throttle or heavy throttle or all of the above?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Light throttle or heavy throttle or all of the above?
    right now its under really light throttle. I do not want to try wot, I just copied. again all of the stock trans tune from a stock 2011 Camaro, everything is exact, I did it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. I then used the calculator for my 3.91 gears and tires and updated everything, now the only item I am going adjust is shift points and apply and release for the 3600 stall and see what happen. I am really at a lose, not making much progress.

here is the easiest way, its in the video, below is a link to my dropbox for a 15 second video

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n32kptw6v...4CHYYzEsa?dl=0

Tuning Addict
    You talking about that 2-3 shift? Part of your problem will be the stall on the converter - that alone will soften and play with a shift a little bit and 6 speeds always seem to have a 2-3 issue - more so if the trans clutch pack isn't tight enough...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Copy everything over from this one - it's not a stall converter, so you'll need to keep your changes for the converter and gear ratio, but copy everything else and give this a try - it's not an aggressive trans tune and from a regular SS Camaro, but see if it makes any difference for you...
    Attached Files Attached Files

~Greg Huggins~

I will plug all the numbers in tonight and give it a try in the morning, funny this tune file is completely different than another stock file I was using

Okay so I updated everything based on the stock file you sent me and then just used bluecat to plug in the shift points and apply and release pressures, 1st and 2nd are perfect but am getting a ton of flare between shifts on the rest of the gears. the log I have is too big so I may need to log again for a shorter time

Advanced Tuner
    A stock tune will not work with all the changes to that trans. Clearances are all different and pressures need to be adjusted for that.
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

after speaking with the company that built the trans, I was informed I have to change out the TCM, luckly I have a new one and will switch this out late next week and try again