Thread: injector swap

Potential Tuner

injector swap

i recently swap a 6.0 gen 4 to my jeep im using old flex fuel injectors 33lb/hr @ 50 psi since i dont have the stockinjectors my question is what values should i put in the injector flow rate vs kpa i am using a 0411 pcm help please

You can look up a tune with a stock flex fuel injectors and just paste that information into your tune.

They are rated at 58psi.

Search for something from like 2002+ in the tune repository, lots of silverado and suburbans ran flex fuel injectors.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thats what i was trying to do but the thing is that those injectors came out of a return style fuel system which uses the same value all across the cells in the ifr vs kpa table and since i am using those injectors in a returnless fuel system the values should change as pressure increases so thats what i need to figure out
    help please

2003 up should be returnless.

Use your brain if you have too, just input data like as it was a return style system. Input like 32 at 0kpa, then 34 at 100kpa, interpolate the data and there is your new table. Close enough is good enough, then tune the VE and MAF.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 07-26-2017 at 09:07 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    2003 up is returnless.
    i already looked in the repository and the values that came from a 2003 flex fuel show that it is a return style fuel system since it has the same values all across the cells in the injector flow rate vs kpa
    what i actually need is values that change as the pressure increases since i am using a returnless fuel system

please help

Advanced Tuner
    The 5.3L L59 Flex Fuel injectors were the same from 2002 through 2007 (classic). The 2004+ trucks had returnless fuel rails.

Take a look in the repository for any 2004 to 2007 L59 tune. These came in trucks and SUVs.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
    The 5.3L L59 Flex Fuel injectors were the same from 2002 through 2007 (classic). The 2004+ trucks had returnless fuel rails.

Take a look in the repository for any 2004 to 2007 L59 tune. These came in trucks and SUVs.
    on flex fuel they gm used returnless fuel rails until 2005 i already downloaded a tune from the repository but i see in the injector flow that the values start from 35 and go up to 30 in the injector flow rate vs kpa table is that the correct data for my injectors if they flow 33lb/hr @ 50 psi

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogelio View Post
    on flex fuel they gm used returnless fuel rails until 2005 i already downloaded a tune from the repository but i see in the injector flow that the values start from 35 and go up to 30 in the injector flow rate vs kpa table is that the correct data for my injectors if they flow 33lb/hr @ 50 psi
    Sorry about that ... never work with Flex Fuel.

The L59 Flex Fuel injectors are the same part number from 2002 through 2007.

The flow rate from the PCM calibrations using return style fuel systems is 33.05 Lbs/hr at 58 PSI.

The flow rate from the PCM calibrations using returnless style fuel systems is 36.64 Lbs/hr at 58 PSI.

Not certain why GM used slightly different data for the same fuel injectors. The 2005 to 2007 flex fuel injector data is a good starting point for your setup.

Senior Tuner
    it dosnt matter if its return or returnless it whether the fuel regulator is vac referenced or not, if its vac ref then u need the same across the board, if its regulated constant pressure then u need the sloping IFR values

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
    Sorry about that ... never work with Flex Fuel.

The L59 Flex Fuel injectors are the same part number from 2002 through 2007.

The flow rate from the PCM calibrations using return style fuel systems is 33.05 Lbs/hr at 58 PSI.

The flow rate from the PCM calibrations using returnless style fuel systems is 36.64 Lbs/hr at 58 PSI.

Not certain why GM used slightly different data for the same fuel injectors. The 2005 to 2007 flex fuel injector data is a good starting point for your setup.
    that anwsers my question thank you i already tried that and it worked just fine so know im going to continue to tune my ve