Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Checksum Error Is this going to be fixed?

Potential Tuner

2004 Checksum Error Is this going to be fixed?

Same problem as every other 03-05 cummins owner, trying to get hp tuners on my truck after removing the smarty and it won't read.. is this going to be fixed soon or what's the deal? Some people are getting tired of waiting after spending $900 for your vcm suite/tunes and can't even use it. SMH!

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickCollins View Post
    Same problem as every other 03-05 cummins owner, trying to get hp tuners on my truck after removing the smarty and it won't read.. is this going to be fixed soon or what's the deal? Some people are getting tired of waiting after spending $900 for your vcm suite/tunes and can't even use it. SMH!
    I've tuned a lot of 03-05 trucks with smartys removed. Smarty does not change the VIN, OS, or part number. If your particular rom version isn't supported, send it in to support. 03-05 trucks cannot be read, the HP software looks at the operating system and generates a stock file for you to start with.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Potential Tuner
    Send it where? And which rom version are you talking about.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Mike View Post
    I've tuned a lot of 03-05 trucks with smartys removed. Smarty does not change the VIN, OS, or part number. If your particular rom version isn't supported, send it in to support. 03-05 trucks cannot be read, the HP software looks at the operating system and generates a stock file for you to start with.
    Turbo_Mike I'm located in CT could I possibly swing up to your shop and I can show you what mine is doing. I have a 2005 auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
    Turbo_Mike I'm located in CT could I possibly swing up to your shop and I can show you what mine is doing. I have a 2005 auto.
    Sure. I'll send you a PM
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Tuner in Training
    Send 'it"? The programmer or the ECM? There is no way in hell im pulling my ECM and sending it anywhere. If it doesn't work with the 2003-2005 correctly why is it marketed to do so? Please explain to me how this isn't Fraud on either HP-T's part? By the sounds of it this is far from an isolated incedent. Personally I just want to be done with HP-T altogether.
    Last edited by Chowderhead72; 08-02-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Give HP Tuners your truck and they could maybe fix the problem.

Cool your jets.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...are-Write-Only

So if this is true what's the point of the stall tactics?If it can't be read; market it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowderhead72 View Post
    https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...are-Write-Only

So if this is true what's the point of the stall tactics?If it can't be read; market it as such.
    They clearly do market it as such, you just quoted them. Apparently you don't understand how the product works.

Again, I tune 03-05 trucks with HPT pretty regularly. And unless you know something I don't, it's the ONLY true tuning solution for 03-05 trucks.
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Tuner in Training
    They clearly do market it as such, you just quoted them. Apparently you don't understand how the product works.

Again, I tune 03-05 trucks with HPT pretty regularly. And unless you know something I don't, it's the ONLY true tuning solution for 03-05 trucks.
    The plan was to have Anarchy do a few tunes for it but without a read file they won't touch it. What am I supposed to do? I'm ready to scrap the whole HP-T/Anarchy concept and use Mm3 and Calibrated or Innovative. Can what I have with the Checksum errors be tuned as is? I'm just frustrated, no response from HP-T and Anarchy says this is HP-T's problem (although I bought both the tuner and the programs from Anarchy.

By all means please educate me. (Not sarcastic).
    Last edited by Chowderhead72; 08-03-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowderhead72 View Post
    The plan was to have Anarchy do a few tunes for it but without a read file they won't touch it. What am I supposed to do? I'm ready to scrap the whole HP-T/Anarchy concept and use Mm3 and Calibrated or Innovative. Can what I have with the Checksum errors be tuned as is? I'm just frustrated, no response from HP-T and Anarchy says this is HP-T's problem (although I bought both the tuner and the programs from Anarchy.

By all means please educate me. (Not sarcastic).
    are you having the checksum errors? or are you just against using the generic read file that is generated for your truck when you click the "read" button?

they should be able to provide you with a "stock" file to flash in with your corrected vin

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by crash01 View Post
    are you having the checksum errors? or are you just against using the generic read file that is generated for your truck when you click the "read" button?
    I keep getting the checksum error screen and the file when opened is a snapshot of when I last pressed the space bar. Is this all I need? I could care less if the base file is generic or otherwise, is there a reason I should?

did you send that screenshot into support@hp?? the last one that i had do that , they fixed in 2 days, i understand its very frustrating not to be able to use it yet, you said that you have no response from hp? i hate to ask a stupid question, but did you email the correct address? they have always gotten back to me at the most within 24hrs with a ticket number

Tuner in Training
    did you send that screenshot into support@hp?? the last one that i had do that , they fixed in 2 days, i understand its very frustrating not to be able to use it yet, you said that you have no response from hp? i hate to ask a stupid question, but did you email the correct address? they have always gotten back to me at the most within 24hrs with a ticket number
    I will try again.

Tuner in Training
    Last edited by Chowderhead72; 08-03-2017 at 09:01 PM.

they might also need the screen info that pops up when you click "gather info" before you attempt to read.

Tuner in Training
    they might also need the screen info that pops up when you click "gather info" before you attempt to read.
    This one?
    IMG_0671.jpg

no, open hp, connect ur interface, click the read from ecm button, then click gather info

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you are having an issue with a cummins vehicle please open up a support ticket and we'll get you fixed up.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"