Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.0 lq4 won't run

Tuner

6.0 lq4 won't run

IMG_8705.jpg I am very new to this I have a 03-04 lq4 6.0 twin 70mm turbo sheet metal intake with ls2 5 pin maf 2 bar map it is running extremely rich won't stay running the wind band stays around 10.8-11.3 sometimes jumps to 12.5
    Please help Thanks Robert

These injectors Siemens 60lb/hr Fuel Injectors Fit EV6 USCAR Bosch Mototron V8 Flow Rate in CC per minute: 630 CC/min @ 39.5 PSI
    Flow Rate in LB per hour: 60 LBS/HR @ 39.5 PSI
    Flow Rate in CC per minute: 660 CC/min @ 43.5 PSI
    Flow Rate in LB per hour: 63 LBS/HR @ 43.5 PSI
    Resistance: 12 ohms
    Voltage: 8-15 Volts, nominal 13.5 Volts
    Amperage: 1.0 Amps
    Pressure: Min 30 PSIG / Max 100 PSIG
    Spacers/O-rings Included: YES, on the injectors
    Fuel Delivery: Multi-hole disc
    Electrical connector type: EV6 Oval Plug
    Overall Length: 3 inches, 74 mm
    Diameter: 16 mm
    Orings: Top and bottom, 14.

base tune test.hptstart first.hpl
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lsgto; 07-26-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Tuner
    Sure would be nice to get some help with this thanks Robert

Why even run a MAF?

You need to upgrade this tune to a 2 bar OS so you can tune the VE for boost.

If it's rich, you need to remove fuel. Via the MAF or VE. To me it would be less headache to just remove the MAF and run speed density only.

Also are you running it at 43.5 psi of fuel pressure or at 58 psi? You'd need to adjust the table if you are running 58psi, then they would be 60lb/hr.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 07-27-2017 at 11:38 AM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    was gonna say 03-04 stock regulator is 58 psi.
    are you going to run that regulator as its designed for...Boost Referenced unit? (i noticed in your picture the reference line is disconnected) adjust base pressure with engine off.
    as of now your tune is not set for a boost referenced regulator.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner
    I have only had HPT for about a week been reading and looking around a lot if SD tune is the way to go I have no problem with doing that there is no question you know what I need more than I do I will research and see what I need to do to do that and advice you can give will be welcome. Fuel pressure is at 43-44 ish Thanks Robert
    Last edited by lsgto; 07-27-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    was gonna say 03-04 stock regulator is 58 psi.
    are you going to run that regulator as its designed for...Boost Referenced unit? (i noticed in your picture the reference line is disconnected) adjust base pressure with engine off.
    as of now your tune is not set for a boost referenced regulator.
    That picture was taken before I added the vacuum line the pressure is at 43-44 with engine off never tuned in my life but looking forward to learning thanks Robert

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Why even run a MAF?

You need to upgrade this tune to a 2 bar OS so you can tune the VE for boost.

If it's rich, you need to remove fuel. Via the MAF or VE. To me it would be less headache to just remove the MAF and run speed density only.

Also are you running it at 43.5 psi of fuel pressure or at 58 psi? You'd need to adjust the table if you are running 58psi, then they would be 60lb/hr.
    I have only had HPT for about a week been reading and looking around a lot if SD tune is the way to go I have no problem with doing that there is no question you know what I need more than I do I will research and see what I need to do to do that and advice you can give will be welcome. Fuel pressure is at 43-44 ish Thanks Robert

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lsgto View Post
    That picture was taken before I added the vacuum line the pressure is at 43-44 with engine off never tuned in my life but looking forward to learning thanks Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by lsgto View Post
    Robert,
    If your going to run the Boost reference then you don't need to enable the manifold correction axis of the Injector Offset table like stock systems do. Basically the offset table will adjust for voltage corrections in the y-axis and the regulator with 1:1 function will correct the x-axis mechanically and maintain the same injector to manifold pressure ratio. so ill show you how you re-correct the tables for the boost reference. if you have a file for the stock application you can steal those voltage numbers to use for a starting point or use flow bench data if they came with them or had them tested.
    What i post offset wise are for a different set of injectors but it gives you the idea of how a 1:1 regulator changes the file. The siemens 60 data i have i don't trust, maybe another member has something to offer thats a better start..

boostrefregulator.png
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 07-27-2017 at 06:26 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner
    Still looking for data not really sure what I am looking at in those pics thanks robert
    Last edited by lsgto; 07-28-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Tuner
    STARTED to work on SD tune this is what I have so but car won't run please help if you can I am very new to this
    Attached Files Attached Files

Take your stock file, then click the OS tab. Under there you need to apply either the 2 bar or 3 BAR OS to your tune file so you would be able to tune the VE for boost, aka beyond 105kpa.

Then you can carry over your other adjustments to make this a speed density only tune file. Transfer over your injector data, the MAF fail settings of 0hz and the DTC's of first error. You may have to populate your VE table but see what comes up.

You will have to do a write entire when you apply the new tune file to the computer. Try those changes and see if you can get the vehicle to run, take a log if it doesn't want to run.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Take your stock file, then click the OS tab. Under there you need to apply either the 2 bar or 3 BAR OS to your tune file so you would be able to tune the VE for boost, aka beyond 105kpa.

Then you can carry over your other adjustments to make this a speed density only tune file. Transfer over your injector data, the MAF fail settings of 0hz and the DTC's of first error. You may have to populate your VE table but see what comes up.

You will have to do a write entire when you apply the new tune file to the computer. Try those changes and see if you can get the vehicle to run, take a log if it doesn't want to run.
    It tried to start but won't thanks robert
    Attached Files Attached Files

Change the MAF fail high under engine diag to 0hz, then your 3 MAF dtc's to MIL of first error.

Get a log of you trying to start it, need to see what is going on.

Tuner
    Ok thanks I did that I will try again tomorrow after work thank for your help.

Tuner
    start upsd5.hplSTARTING SD TUNE (1).hpt
    Here is where I am still won't start all help is welcome thanks robert

Do you have the IAT on another harness or is it tied into your MAF?

If it's in the MAF and you unplugged it, plug it back in. -38 intake temps could stop it from starting.

Tuner
    Sorry yes it was unplugged but still will not start acts like it wants to sometimes but won't Thanks Robert
    sd startup 2.hpl

Will it start with brake cleaner or starting fluid?

Spark good?

Add commanded AFR to your logs, make sure it's not calling for something crazy when you are trying to start it.

Otherwise the speed density part is set right, injectors should be fine for 43psi of fuel pressure, maf is failed, map sensor looks good for 2 bar map.

Change the platform type back to GMT-800 for good measure, you shouldn't change those settings.

VE could be too high, you pasted the stock VE back into the 2 bar VE so it could be too much airflow/fuel and along with the larger injectors throwing things off. Just spit balling here. Yank 10-15% from the VE and see what happens.

Tuner
    Well making some head way it started here is the new file idles at 14.5 15.0 on wideband goes real lean under throttle thanks Robert

sd startup4.hpl

Tuner
    SD tune runs idles ve change.hptve change.hpl
    Will it start with brake cleaner or starting fluid?

Spark good?

Add commanded AFR to your logs, make sure it's not calling for something crazy when you are trying to start it.

Otherwise the speed density part is set right, injectors should be fine for 43psi of fuel pressure, maf is failed, map sensor looks good for 2 bar map.

Change the platform type back to GMT-800 for good measure, you shouldn't change those settings.

VE could be too high, you pasted the stock VE back into the 2 bar VE so it could be too much airflow/fuel and along with the larger injectors throwing things off. Just spit balling here. Yank 10-15% from the VE and see what happens.
    Two new files it is coming around I will try to drive it tomorrow it's raining here. Also looking at other tones for boost I see a tab for boost and also a speed density tab and these are not present in my files would you now why. Also why is the MAF still reading if is set to fail. Thanks Robert.
    Last edited by lsgto; 07-29-2017 at 07:15 PM.