Thread: FRPP 2014 Coyote MAF Tuning

Tuner in Training

FRPP 2014 Coyote MAF Tuning

I was trying to tune MAF and during the scan my car started to backfire when slightly increasing throttle. I noticed that I have (1/2 of the last quarter of fuel) and its Factory Five 33 hotrod car. I remember reading long time while building the car that when fuel is this low the car would do this. However, when car is idling there is no issue. so I will fill the car tomorrow but thought to ask here maybe its something else. I tried to read DTC but it says no DTC

attached is a log file. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    yea 1/8 tank is no good, drop some gas in it.

Also sounds like it may need a crank relearn.

Senior Tuner
    Do you have the correct injector data? Start there and if it's correct apply the LTFT+STFT to the MAF with Multiply by Percent then apply the last row further down. So if you're adding 50% where you don't have more data add 50% beyond there too. Can free rev to higher RPMs to try to get closer too. You're way off.

Senior Tuner
    Maybe it is just tanking fuel pressure and the MAF is fine. I guess if those cars are known for that put more gas in it before making changes.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys. I will try it again tonight and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    yea 1/8 tank is no good, drop some gas in it.

Also sounds like it may need a crank relearn.
    What is this? any idea how it should be done?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    What is this? any idea how it should be done?
    Its a scanner function, open it up, connect, hit the green circle looking thing in the menu, select crank relearn, then follow the instructions.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Its a scanner function, open it up, connect, hit the green circle looking thing in the menu, select crank relearn, then follow the instructions.
    Thanks Was easy to do. Just another question please, how did u know I need to do this?