Thread: 99 C2500 5.7L Vortec Long Tube Headers

Question 99 C2500 5.7L Vortec Long Tube Headers

Hey, guys! I'm sure this has been asked a million and a half times, but I searched the Repository, and didn't find anything. I was just wondering what a good base would be after installing LTH. Or, if there isn't one, where should I start on the base tune to begin tuning for the LTH? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! TIA!!!

Start with the stock file or what you've already created, that is your base.

If the converters can been removed, then do what you need to for turning off cat over temp and the rear o2 codes.

Stick a wideband oxygen sensor in the exhaust and start tuning. Dial in the air fuel ratio's first and then work on engine timing to see if it helps any.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Start with the stock file or what you've already created, that is your base.

If the converters can been removed, then do what you need to for turning off cat over temp and the rear o2 codes.

Stick a wideband oxygen sensor in the exhaust and start tuning. Dial in the air fuel ratio's first and then work on engine timing to see if it helps any.

I have turned off the post cats. I also adjusted Stoich too. The tune file has what I've done so far, and the log is from my attempt at fixing my CEL for the cam correlation. (I just had a new engine put in.)
    Attached Files Attached Files