Thread: Making sure I am thinking right

Tuner in Training

Making sure I am thinking right

Once you are done tuning VE and MAF with olfa table set 1.0. Does it matter if you change the olfa table from 1.0 to something else? Would retuning be required with the new olfa table settings or is it once you have nailed down the error from commanded you can change the commanded to whatever and it will still be 0% error.

Why would you need to change it though?

I wouldn't see a reason to command less than stoich for the fuel you are running.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Really just for when you start it and its in open loop for a minute or so. Having a richer mix for that period of time makes since to me. The factory has it set pig rich in the olfa for whatever reason. Now, hot starts are lean for the period of time. I swear there is a secret table in this pcm that hptuners doesn't show that affects mixture for that minute after you hot start.

If you are doing it for when it starts up, I don't see any reason why you couldn't do that because all the tuning you are doing is at running temps. Factory is pretty rich but there is a reason behind it on an emissions stand point and heating up the cat converters.

There is a table that you can adjust to make it enter closed loop quicker after start up if the temp is high enough.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    So I am thinking right though as far as changing the olfa table not affecting your tuned VE table etc?