Thread: Stock injector Scaling

Tuner in Training

Stock injector Scaling

Hi. I have a 99 GMC sierra 5.3 lm7 w/4l60e. i recently switched this over to flex fuel using the 0411 pcm a 02 flex fuel os from a tahoe , fuel compenstation sensor all wired in and working along with these injectors.Delphi Fuel Injector FJ10736 12613412 OEM GM. also running CAI and headman shorty headers.
    12613412 Data:
    Static Flow Rate at 43.5 PSI: 440cc/min, 42lbs/hr
    Solenoid Resistance: 12.5 Ohms
    3 BAR dead/latency time: 0.6957 ms at 14 volts
    Is the correct IFR at 43.5 pounds? or do i or need to scale these?
    I have then set at 43.5 accross the table now and everything runs fine except at start up smells rich.
    If i do need to scale them. what do i need to use to scale these. i have seen and used a couple injector scaling xlx spreadsheets but don't match my injectors. thanks.

Those trucks run 58psi of fuel pressure, so you'd want the table to be set for size at 58 psi.

Once that is set you don't have to scale anything, you just have to retune the MAF and VE for the injector change and header change. Open loop fueling and closed loop fueling will be adjusted.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. You live in Rogers? I work in Rogers... who knew. Small world.

Yeah I'm from Rogers, over by Veit Construction. I don't see many people that are local on here.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Nice. I'm over at Graco myself

Tuner in Training
    Sorry for the delay, I set IFR for these injectors, Could you verify if this is correct.

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Remember like I said these trucks run at 58psi of fuel pressure so the flow rate should reflect that.

You'll want the flow rate around 48lb/hr for those injectors are 58psi. Then you can start tuning the rest.