Thread: Licensing Question, More Credits? Why?

Tuner in Training

Licensing Question, More Credits? Why?

Hey guys, I am tuning a hellcat this week... I made some initial changes to the engine tune and have not at all touched the transmission stuff yet. I went to flash the vehicle and it's asking me to license again after it was already licensed? I double checked the VIN numbers on my tune vs the stock tune and everything checks out. Not sure why this is happening and I have to use more credits. Can someone help me out?

Advanced Tuner
    Did you go through the process of reading the stock tune and sending the PCM to HPT?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The ZF8 TCM needs 4 credits to license. If you have no plans to tune the TCM you can simply read the ecm(select do not read for the TCM) and then just tune the ecm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Also I've had vehicles that I've tuned that it says I need to buy credits when I try to upload a new tune.

I click to license the vehicle and then it says the vehicle is already licensed lets me in. That seemed to happen more frequently with older versions though.

Same thing happened to me. If you read the trans it's going to ask you to purchase more credits. I just re-read my PCM and all was good. Hellcat by the way.
    2016 Hellcat - 800 Miles - It's winter