Thread: 98 Tahoe 5.3 swap no power down low

Potential Tuner

98 Tahoe 5.3 swap no power down low

I have a 98 Tahoe that i put a 5.3 in has no power down low and seems to fall on its face under 2000 rpms i put a ls1 cam in the engine only change i have done i upload my tune file and also my data file.Tahoe mod 07-13 ve tuning.hpt tahoe0720.hpl

Potential Tuner
    i noticed your not scanning for KR. electronic or cable TB?

Potential Tuner
    cable and im new to the tuning world not sure how to do everything

The VE looks kinda inflated down low, did you actually tune the VE using a wideband/trims or did you just add to the VE randomly?

Timing also drops into the negative's at idle too, that's not good. Wouldn't be surprised if the exhaust manifolds start to almost glow on you when it was warming up.

Stock stall converter?

If so, that and the 3.42 gears aren't going to make it scream at low rpm's. It's not going to come alive until after the 2,000-2,400rpm. You're power band will really start there and carry to 5,700-5,800rpm.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    i had 2 guys tune the truck before i bought hp tuners and what you see in the tune is what they have done

Potential Tuner
    yes i have stock converter and stock gearing but the 5.7 i used to have would light the tires up i cant even get the engine to spin the tires while holding the brake

Potential Tuner
    Im pretty new to it myself. On the left side of your scanner is whats called your PIDS you have to add a channel in order to monitor what you want to see. under Engine-torque management- spark retard zero that table. On your pids add air-fuel commanded afr it will give you an idea of what your afr is during openloop.