Thread: 08 srx 3.6 code dissabling not working

Tuner in Training

08 srx 3.6 code dissabling not working

Trying to disable a code in a friends SRX so they can use their remote start again. Tried every no MIL setting and disabled setting and code still sets P0391 if it matters. Any help would be appreciated.
    99 Suburban - slow, almost stock
    99 Regal GS - quick, some work done to it, 327k just cant kill the damn thing 13.99 best 1/4
    00 Regal GS - Fast, hates tires, work in progress, just finished assembling then the track closed
    03 R6 - probably gonna get rid of this thing in the spring before I end up in jail, lol yeah right i said that last year and the year before

Is it a permanent code?

Because those won't go away.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Just wondering, why do you not fix the issue? Could be as simple as a camshaft sensor. Which is cheaper than the license for the vehicle.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    Just wondering, why do you not fix the issue? Could be as simple as a camshaft sensor. Which is cheaper than the license for the vehicle.
    It's not. Her father has done the chains and all the sensors already. Not my first rodeo with this code, just haven't had time to dig in and check camshaft play. Its either going to need the washers behind the sprockets or a head(in which case much more than the credits), unless shes lucky enough for it to be a wiring issue. Was hoping hoping to have a quick work around for her for the time being but just wasted credits instead.
    99 Regal GS - quick, some work done to it, 327k just cant kill the damn thing 13.99 best 1/4
    00 Regal GS - Fast, hates tires, work in progress, just finished assembling then the track closed
    03 R6 - probably gonna get rid of this thing in the spring before I end up in jail, lol yeah right i said that last year and the year before

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry to hear about the frustration with the code. Was just curious if you had looked into the issue or not.

So if your calibration is the same as a CTS with the 3.6L, then you should be able to set both P0391 codes to Disabled. If the code is still there after the calibration, I would try disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    Sorry to hear about the frustration with the code. Was just curious if you had looked into the issue or not.

So if your calibration is the same as a CTS with the 3.6L, then you should be able to set both P0391 codes to Disabled. If the code is still there after the calibration, I would try disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes.
    I was thinking it would be the same as a CTS of the same year, however I had a friend with a similar issue a few years back with a cts, I contacted him to see if he had ever figured it out and he said he didn't. I was hoping someone with experience with this issue on a cts would have a solution. I did try a battery pull and cable touch but only waited a few seconds and that was before I tried disabling the code because I was having trouble reading the ecu in the first place. Updated my software and then it read but it took 18 minutes to read ecm and another 18 to read tcm, which was rather annoying lol.