Thread: 03 > 06 SIlverado question

Tuner in Training

03 > 06 SIlverado question

Had a Manual truck that I converted to automatic With Dash and Engine harness's.

The dude who I got the 04 Engine harness from said they are all the same.

Anyone have an answer to this?

Have the truck running, yet I have NO Oxygen sensor voltages on HP tuners scanner and a 40% rich LTFT. I have 12V to the purple wire @ the O2 sensors.

Thx 4 any info.

Post the tune and a log of the problem.

Tuner in Training
    Stk tune other then rear O2 DTC's deleted and no VATS. I double checked engine grounds and there good. Haven't used HP tuners in a while so maybe I'm missing something.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Ok then New O2 sensors and S O S.... Then I re learned another ECM to the truck and S O S.... Same totally rich LTFT.

On another note, tried Flashing the New ECM, and it say Unlicensed Vehicle ?? WTF is not HP tuners reading the VIN from the BCM ? I even plugged in my Flash harness and it say same, Un Licensed Vehicle. ??
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Doesn't license by vin. Every pcm you try to tune needs a license.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by davidws6 View Post
    Had a Manual truck that I converted to automatic With Dash and Engine harness's.

The dude who I got the 04 Engine harness from said they are all the same.

Anyone have an answer to this?

Have the truck running, yet I have NO Oxygen sensor voltages on HP tuners scanner and a 40% rich LTFT. I have 12V to the purple wire @ the O2 sensors.

Thx 4 any info.
    You have the wiring wrong, your calibration says '06, heres the wiring for an '06 http://lt1swap.com/03_5.3-6.0_o2.gif

Tuner in Training
    Nope, Wiring same as I verified in Alldata.com. Showed exact wiring diagram.

As stated, it's been a long time since I used HP Tuners and I was Wrong on the LTFT's. They are Lean. That's why O2's were at 0 mv

In reading up on Injector data and finding that the Flex fuel has like 36 > 38 lb Injectors. Maybe the BCM > ECM I grabbed from the bone yard was a Flex Fuel. Though GM changed the fuel rail to returnless in 05 > 06 and the Inj data is a little different.

I changed the flow rate from the 36 > 38 ( whatever it was ) to 26. Now the LTFT's are not as far off and I can go to VCM controls and enrich the AF ratio and BOOM, the O2 sensors start acting Normal... Though still Lean so I'm going to check fuel filter ( as it been sitting about 2 years ) and go from there. The Injectors in the 2003 truck are from my 02 Silverado. I saved my 42# injectors and put on top the LS1 in the 02 as planning on selling this truck. I will verify the part # to find the exact flow rate and adjust the flow rate if required.

Thanks for all the advise !
    Last edited by davidws6; 07-21-2017 at 11:08 AM.