Thread: missing somthing?

Question missing somthing?

just seems like there should be some more left to get out of this.
    vehicle is 2000 s10 5.3 stock 89 octane will be running SDCL,4l60 9 inch with 3.55 caltracs and stock 20575r15 tires- plan to replace in a few months
    got ve close only spark changes I made was to deal with KR witch I'm sure is false as the exhaust is hitting the axle at times
    if someone can take a quick look and see if theres something I should work on that would be great.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Increase timing a tad but really there may not be much more to gain. Not without it on a dyno to see what it likes.

Maybe lean it out to 12.5 instead of 12.2.

Most GEN 3 5.3 only make 285-300hp at the crank, factor in your drivetrain loss with the auto and the beefy ford 9inch and you might see 240-250hp at the tire. Needs more flow mods like a camshaft to help you pick up another 30-50hp.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaxs10 View Post
    just seems like there should be some more left to get out of this.
    vehicle is 2000 s10 5.3 stock 89 octane will be running SDCL,4l60 9 inch with 3.55 caltracs and stock 20575r15 tires- plan to replace in a few months
    got ve close only spark changes I made was to deal with KR witch I'm sure is false as the exhaust is hitting the axle at times
    if someone can take a quick look and see if theres something I should work on that would be great.
    You say SDCL? it's in open loop the whole scan. And get rid of all torque management thats why your timing goes to nothing during shifts.
    The O2 sensors look really lazy.
    Last edited by Jason B; 07-18-2017 at 06:45 AM.

If read you can gain a bit from timing but it should be tuned with a dump that's why i haven't touched it. Would you add 1* across the board
    Did that run to see what afr error I'm going to change to CL. Notice the b2 02 seems to be acting weird this morning. Thanks

What should the 02 be don't normally. I knew they should look like a wave during CL

Advanced Tuner
    This is my '99 S10 with a 5.3. It's the 5.3 that came with flat tops and 799 heads, it has an LS1 cam because I needed to put something in it to get rid of the AFM cam.
    Has the stock rear with 3.73's, torsen diff, 10" tires, 4L60E. Probably has more compression than yours and I have 10+ degrees more than you in a lot of areas. Never gets KR.

It's hard to keep the tires on the ground, you can see it bark third at 71 MPH.
    And my O2 sensors look more normal to me.

What do you mean you need a dump to adjust timing?

Lol auto correct, dyno.
    Thanks for the log I will look at it in a bit

could the o2 being different be from yours being closed loop and mine open loop? I plan on running closed just set it to open for tuning, actually changing to closed tonight.
    I also notice today that my time sometimes jumps around when cruising
    I will look closer at logs later tonight I have to get house work done before I leave on vacation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I don't know about your O2's. When I put long tube headers on my '02 LS1 camaro the O2's got slower, like the up and down reading got long. On my S10 it has shorty headers, maybe they hold the heat better. But I've also used bad O2's (like tried to use a pair from the junkyard) and they looked like yours, they hang high and low (insufficient switching/slow response DTC). I would guess if your wideband is reading good like it is then your exhaust must be ok, as far as no huge leaks, etc. It looks like you just need new oxygen sensors.

Or double check your wiring to them. Mine are wired to the stock fuse box, the key on power. Then the other side of the heater straight to ground, then a high signal to the pcm and a low signal. I used '02 silverado O2 sensors, I don't think they were case grounded so no ground wire goes from the sensor to the pcm. There was something about this that I didn't write in my notes but I had some kind of problem with the wiring.

Advanced Tuner
    Probably is due to running in OL come to think of it. I can't find my OL scans when I first got it running but I seem to remember that. It's been a long day lol.

so my timing change while cruising is from my ac lol. so whats the best way to add timing? add 1 degree to the whole table then when I start to get KR in a cell backi off 3 and keep working the other cells up?