Thread: VCT Schedule 'Fuel Economy Drive'

Tuner in Training

VCT Schedule 'Fuel Economy Drive'

Has anyone seen the vct schedule 'Fuel Economy Drive'?
    '16 GT TT 6r80 will go from 'Best Fuel Economy' to 'Fuel Economy Drive' during tip in partial throttle.
    When it enters this mode, the car misfires, although I'm not sure it's directly related yet.
    Log attached.
    Any input appreciated
    map1.6 misfire.hpl

Tuner
    I'm also getting that as boost builds, but no misfire. Don't know what causes it

Its using the mapped points and distances set in fuel economy during wot transition it sounds like
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Advanced Tuner
    What have you done to your MBT tables and have you changed your knock advance limit?
    Are the rest of our mapped points turned off? Economy mode includes the first 7 mapped points.

Post your file and more people will have a solution.

I am trying to figure out this same thing!

As I roll smoothly into the pedal, at around 65% pedal and 100-120% load, the VCT Schedule Mode switches form "Best Fuel Economy" to "Fuel Economy Drive" and the MP weighting scatters all over the place, giving me an ugly hump in my VCT angles.

My Best Drivability minimum load table is all 5's to disable it. Where is this "Fuel Economy Drive" coming from and how do we kill it?

Advanced Tuner
    You can kill it by switching tables around a little bit.

Copy and paste VCT Fuel Economy Distance to the Best Drivability distance table.

Copy and paste the load values from Fuel Economy Load % to Best Drivability Load %...... or use stock Best Drivability Load % values.

Change your VCT Fuel Economy Load % to 5.0.

See how that works.

I ended up setting the Best Drivability distance table values to 5 (MP9), in high load areas. This fixed the issue of poor MP blending into WOT.

The good lesson here is that setting the Min Load Best Drivability table to all 5's does not disable it.