Thread: Cant write ZF8HP

Tuner in Training

Question Cant write ZF8HP

Anyone getting this? I started a ticket on it Sunday with no response so far.

zf8hp no write.gif

Josh

What version of software are you using?

Tuner in Training
    3.6. Somebody did respond and posted 3.7 in my profile. Will try that tonight or tomorrow morning.

Hi Erick I have a customer with a 14 Ram1500 he wanted to make some changes to the transmission for shifting. He came in after I downloaded the 3.6 version, I did a read engine and transmission, I made the changes and licensed to save the changes. (two Credits) the customer dropped the truck off and I went to upload the tune (clicked on the write to vehicle and it gave me the need to license vehicle and it is showing it now needs four credits. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong any help would be appreciated.

Can't write ZF8HP

Hi Erick I have a customer with a 14 Ram1500 he wanted to make some changes to the transmission for shifting. He came in after I downloaded the 3.6 version, I did a read engine and transmission, I made the changes and licensed to save the changes. (two Credits) the customer dropped the truck off and I went to upload the tune (clicked on the write to vehicle and it gave me the need to license vehicle and it is showing it now needs four credits. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TransmasterRick View Post
    It takes 2 credits for PCM and 4 credits for trans. so you probably licensed the PCM but did a PCM/TCM read. Technically you could have only tuned trans, but in some cases you need into the PCM to make changes that affect trans (TQM, rev limiters and so on). 6 credits total for them 8-speed equipped Dodges! Mmmmmhhmmm

Tuner in Training
    Any updates here? I haven't been able to write the Trans for a week now.

3.7 Beta, licensed the PCM and TCM. Diablosport Unlocked PCM.
    Last edited by Joshua.Levin; 07-25-2017 at 08:08 PM.

I will give that a try thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua.Levin View Post

I've had cars that didn't like flashing both at once, the TCM's are a little picky and like a full power down before a flash, so I just flash PCM (select "Do not write to TCM"), power down, then select "Do not write" to PCM and flash TCM by itself. Maybe give that a try.

Tuner in Training
    tried a combo of different things including this.. waited for off light to turn off and tried only writing tcm many times.

Seems odd, does the trans work ok? Have written to it before correct? Any errors pop up?

that is normal it is 2 credits for the PCM and 4 for the TCM

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua.Levin View Post

Diablo PCMS in the Past have just worked with our software. But they have changed something in there Mod method that now requres the PCM to be sent in to us for our mod service in order to tune with our software. sorry for the delayed response