Thread: Going Turbo, what MAP Sensor and PCM settings for Fbody - 2001 Camaro SS M6

Advanced Tuner

Exclamation Going Turbo, what MAP Sensor and PCM settings for Fbody - 2001 Camaro SS M6

Hello all,

I just received my new Huron Speed AC Turbo Kit. I want to convert my car over to a 2 Bar OS. As for boost level, I'll probably be between 8-12 lbs of boost.

What GM MAP Sensor do I need to make this work properly? Any special harness adaptors or wiring change? Also, do I need to change any values in the PCM with HP Tuners? If so, anyone willing to share which tables and values to change?

Not sure if this matters for the above, but I have a LS3 in my 2001 Camaro with an LS3 intake.

Thanks a bunch!

Bill
    2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

Yes, tons of stuff need to be changed.

If you are using the GEN 3 harness you can get one of those older brick style 2 BAR maps or even a 2 bar map from like a cobalt SS I believe, somewhere around the 2005 year I think. Linear and offset settings should be 200/10.33.

You'll need to fail the MAF sensor because it's speed density. Set the MAF fail high to 0hz, then the 3 MAF dtc's to fail on first error.

You'll need to build yourself a new VE table for 105-200kpa.
    Adjust you flow rate for the new injectors.
    Adjust PE values and BE values for boost so everything is safe.
    Lower timing so it's safe for boost.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the reply! Do you happen to know the part number of that sensor? I'm using the stock engine harness that's in my car.

I've tuned countless LS engines over the years, even a few boosted cars (tuning the VE and MAF tables with WB02) but never had the chance to do a 2 BAR OS yet till now.

Once I convert my stock OS to a 2 BAR OS, what are all the tables I need to adjust for the MAP sensor? Is it as simple as entering the 200/10.33 and that's it? What tab is it on?

Anything else I need to do besides what you mentioned above? Any example 01-02 F-body 2 BAR OS files you could post?

BTW - Your User Name "5FDP" does is stand for the band "Five Finger Death Punch"? If so, one of my favorite bands, can't wait till their new album come out.

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

Advanced Tuner
    Any other type of tricks or info to make this work properly? As for the sensor, what part number?

Anything else?

Hope this thread helps other when they do a search. I tried a search before I posted, scattered info, thought there would be a 'how to sticky" at this point for setting up a 2 BAR in a LS1 PCM.

You seem to be new to tuning and using HPTUNERS software so my advise would be to get some help from a experienced tuner to help guide you through the process. There is a LOT of parameters that have to be touched in order for you to have a motor that won't blowup. When I started tuning on my Procharged LS I got a email tune from a reputable tuner on Ls1tech and it was still a big headache. Fortunately some on this website and LS1tech pointed me in the right direction. After five years I'm still learning about this tuning stuff.

Advanced Tuner

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by monte4ever View Post
    you seem to be new to tuning and using hptuners software so my advise would be to get some help from a experienced tuner to help guide you through the process. There is a lot of parameters that have to be touched in order for you to have a motor that won't blowup. When i started tuning on my procharged ls i got a email tune from a reputable tuner on ls1tech and it was still a big headache. Fortunately some on this website and ls1tech pointed me in the right direction. After five years i'm still learning about this tuning stuff.

lol... not new to tuning at all... just never used a 2 BAR OS before, never had a reason to, till now.

I've been tuning since 2003, taken 3 tuning classes over the years and probably tuned well over 300+ cars and trucks on and off the dyno using a WB 02. I've built a few LS engines, done a bunch of LS head and/or cam swaps, oil pumps, LT headers, suspension, fuel pumps, etc... I started with LS1 Edit and AutoTap scanning software. Then was one of the original guys to swap over to HP Tuners using their serial cables.

I've tuned a few boosted cars, but back then when I did, custom 2 BAR OS were not out yet. I moved to another state/city where higher HP LS cars are not that common so I never had the chance to work with the new 2 or 3 BAR OS's yet.

Just looking for some info on the proper way to set up a 2 BAR OS for my personal car. Just need pointed in the right direction, always willing to learn more when it comes to tuning.

Basically what I said is how you'll set up the tune to get you started.

Input the new linear and offset settings for the 2 BAR MAP, fail the MAF sensor correctly and it should run just like that. The rest is setting up for boost, like adjusting your VE past 105kpa, setting up the power enrichment and boost enrichment settings for boost and making adjustments to your timing. Also if you have injector settings you'd be doing that too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Basically what I said is how you'll set up the tune to get you started.

Input the new linear and offset settings for the 2 BAR MAP, fail the MAF sensor correctly and it should run just like that. The rest is setting up for boost, like adjusting your VE past 105kpa, setting up the power enrichment and boost enrichment settings for boost and making adjustments to your timing. Also if you have injector settings you'd be doing that too.
    Thanks... I'm surprised you have to fail the MAF sensor since it's a 2 BAR OS. Very easy to do, (just like tuning the VE table in a LS1) just thought the custom OS would just remove all traces of MAF function.