Thread: L67 max boost with stock top end and bottom end

Tuner in Training

L67 max boost with stock top end and bottom end

Hi I currently finished tuning my 2001 buick regal gs at 10psi with the cartuning turbo set up and have a manual boost controller I can hook up. Was just wondering if I could safely up the boost more. I have plenty of fuel and zero knock across the board on 10 psi at 17* timing. The kit comes set factory at 10 psi but I am wondering how much more boost i can run. Everything is stock in the engine other then 42.5lb injectors. But the engine internally is completely untouched with 72,000 miles. I heard over 10 psi we get valve float. Would just like some one to confirm on this.

Tuner in Training
    Any one?

People make like 14-15 psi with a GEN V blowers on stock motors, 10psi ain't nothing on a 3800.

Tons of guys have pushed 20 psi but just be aware that the stock valve springs may hold you back before you ever got there. I made 9-10 psi in the winter no problem with stock RPM shift point and no valve float. I sure past the 15 psi and over the factory shift rpm you may run into problems.

I'd upgrade to a stronger springs if you really want to push it. Bump it up to 12-13 psi, see what it's like and make sure you still have injector headroom.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    What do you log to make sure your not maxing your injectors? Duty cycle?

Pulse width for both banks, then duty cycle will appear as it's a math function. You'd need to be logging it in the charts for it to appear.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.