Thread: Need help tunning turbo 6.0Lq4

Potential Tuner

Need help tunning turbo 6.0Lq4

Made some updates to my last tune and atleast got the truck to idol and be able to move . I still need a few pointers on where to go from here I have a 3 bar map, siemens deka 60 injectors and a 78/75mm turbo. The problem I am currently having is the truck goes very lean when I go to test drive it I will post the tune can someone please take a look and see whats going on I am new to the hp tuners . I have began playing with my ve table, pe table and spark table.....Thanks In advancedmy 3bar tune change idel adjustment (starting to figure it out) VE table change.hpt
    Last edited by Dmace02LQ4; 07-24-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Have you set the MAF to fail? You need to set the MAF fail hz to 0 and in diagnostics change the MAF settings to MIL on first but then uncheck the boxes so they don't throw a CEL.

Potential Tuner
    I'll take a look at the tune later when I get home and see if I can see anything funky. I am tuning the exact same setup right now.

Yep, you need to go back to the DTC's and change P0101,102,103 to First error instead of no error.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Yup, and you'll likely need to scale back your VE some. It will likely be pretty rich with the way it is now, then don't forget to remove all those factory PE delays and setup your boost enrichment settings.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    did some updates to the tune can someone please look it over and see whats going wrong with it still...thank you

Don't forget to change your injector size.

Why does your timing table look like it does, it's not going to run right at all with the max timing you allow for is 10 degree's. Please put the factory timing table back in this thing. GM knew what they were doing for part throttle timing numbers.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    this is all over the place.
    your PE is richer than BE, that doesn't make much sense.
    With the timing tablelike it is, and with cat lightoff and ect modifiers your car would run so bad, with ignition occuring ATDC.

there is a lot of work to be done here. SOmetimes it is best to just take it to a tuner.

Potential Tuner
    my 3bar tune change idel adjustment (injector change) VE .hpt made some changes let me know if this seems better I didn't have time to drive it lastnight I know I still need to adjust the VE table ...please no negative commentary every body has to learn and start somwhere
    Last edited by Dmace02LQ4; 07-26-2017 at 03:32 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmace02LQ4 View Post
    my 3bar tune change idel adjustment (injector change) VE .hpt made some changes let me know if this seems better I didn't have time to drive it lastnight I know I still need to adjust the VE table ...please no negative commentary every body has to learn and start somwhere
    In spark the high octane and low octane has to be same

No it does not. The low octane table always needs to be lower than the high octane, if the motor knocks it has nothing to revert back on to save the engine.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    No it does not. The low octane table always needs to be lower than the high octane, if the motor knocks it has nothing to revert back on to save the engine.
    you are right if it is maf but i think this program is mafles SD

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    sd vs maf has nothing to do with what table is selected. table selection always starts with high octane after ecu reset. if it detonates above a threshold limit the ecu diverts to low octane thinking the fuel is inferior. it will not go back to high octane until the ecu is reset or the fuel tank is filled up.
    dyno tuning i make them the same so it doesn't matter and i get a forced value but once it leaves the dyno the low octane goes back to a reduced table for safety reasons. this is common practice with most shops.

sd and maf are airflow density modes. you can separate the ecu into two sections: airflow mapping and ignition mapping.
    airflow mapping includes injector data, pressure sensors, temperature sensors, maf data, ve data, and throttle specs.
    ignition is strictly advance and modifiers for reduction based off of temp swings, afr swings, and registered events through the knock sensors.

yes both halves use similar sensors but they do not care what the other one does which validates my previous statement about airflow modes not making a difference in reference to advance table selection.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 07-27-2017 at 02:23 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Senior Tuner
    in sd mode, it reverts to low octane tables for timing.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i still get an active high table. P59 controller
    is it possible by leaving some things active i could have triggered it to stay active?
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 07-27-2017 at 06:01 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman