Thread: LS Swap 72 Chevelle

Potential Tuner

LS Swap 72 Chevelle

looking for a little help to get car started. Engine is a 6.0 from a 2011 gmc sierra 2500hd with the matching 6L90E Trans. Had to swap out Ecm to a E38 from a 2009 gmc 2500 that I got from Psi. Also got their wire harness for said engine and a corvette style gas pedal. I was able to get the vats disabled and the engine seemed to start for a split second. Is there anything else that needs to be done or adjusted to just be able to get the engine running? Ive only had the hp tuners for a few days and Ive watched videos on it but they dont seem to tackle my issues. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Post your tune.
    It will help.
    Any codes set?

Potential Tuner
    2009 Gmc Sierra 2500HD SLT 6.0.hpt
    try that and let me know if i did it wrong....

The throttle pedal should match what throttle body you are using. Using a truck throttle body and a corvette pedal is likely to give you problems.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The throttle pedal should match what throttle body you are using. Using a truck throttle body and a corvette pedal is likely to give you problems.
    Can you elebrate 5FDP on why this would cause an issue? I'm running an e38 ecm on my swap with pretty similar setup. I have a truck tb and a corvette pedal
    1970 Monte Carlo L96/4l80 swap
    2008 Pontiac Torrent GXP 3.6vvt/6l70

Correct,on a Gen 3 with a separate TAC module.
    The APP (pedal) and TAC module must match.
    Gen 3 to Gen 3,Truck to Truck. Vette to Vette.
    The T/B from either a 6 or 8 wire will work on Gen 3.
    An X link adapter allows a 6 wire T/B used on a 8 wire harness.
    The Gen 3 had 8 wires to the T/B,the Gen 4 uses 6.
    I was not aware of Gen 4 having the same issue with APP-T/B matching.
    The separate TAC was eliminated on Gen 4.
    It should v`e set a few codes if the pedal, PCM and T/B were not compatible.
    Please correct me if wrong.
    Last edited by Earwax; 07-09-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quiwesjinn I have a ecm and harness from psi too with my 70 monte carlo swap. Not to knock them but PSI doesn't do much with their base tunes to get things running really. I had to fix a ton of stuff myself. Do you know if they programed the correct injector size, map, maf and such? I looked at your file and its not right

No, he's right, I had gen 3 stuck on my mind. Seen that stuff not want to work at all and give people huge problems getting cars running.

Aside from that, like said the tune file would help. Are there any differences between the settings in the computers and sensors you are running?

A 2011 motor may have different sensor settings than the 2009 you have now. Like MAP sensor settings and injector settings if one was flex fuel and the other wasn't.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Psi just sold me the harness, ecm and pedal. I did the vats delete but not sure how to do the rest...I was able to get car running today but it runs high rpms and rough...

Potential Tuner
    is there an easy way to post the files on these posts? im having a hell of a time!!

Tuner in Training
    Just add attachment when replying under go advance. Cant add on quick reply. And if you post it thats fine but you need to list your configuration too and what sensors are being used.