Thread: Hellcat tune and log for 2.85" pulley

Hellcat tune and log for 2.85" pulley

I'm getting ready to install my 2.85" pulley on my '16 Hellcat.
    Intend on returning the torque management. This has the factory spark table for now.
    Mods 3.09 Rear gear
    AFE open element CAI
    Factory injectors
    93 octane
    Automatic

I've been working on my LTFT's and STFT cell at WOT.
    Attached is the tune I intend to start with the pulley.
    Do the fuel trims see reasonable?

And for those looking, I spent hours logging and building all of the tunes I made. Not looking for a hand out. My gut feeling is the tune is good enough to get me tuning with the pulley. I don't work for a shop, this is my personal car. I;m just looking for a little validation, that's all.

maybe I lack confidence and need to see Dr. Phil

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ohioc5; 06-26-2017 at 08:38 PM.
    2016 Hellcat - 800 Miles - It's winter

Tuner in Training
    Its not bad at all. One thing that IMO would help is to re-enable the trans tq management. I spent 3 days at the track with this last week. The car is definitely faster and more consistent with it on!
    Hope this helps
    AJ

Thank you for responding. We installed the 2.85" pulley tonight with a 180 thermostat. I logged my drive home but didn't get into PE yet. I'll put the torque management back in the tune. I was thinking about an aggressive track tune, but if it's more consistent with it on, well it's going back in.
    The one table I've been beating myself up over is the boost control supercharger airflow. Basically I took the % difference from 11lbs to a potential 14 lbs of boost and multiplied that table by 20 or so percent. It's under Engine-torque management - supercharger-supercharger airflow. The added percentage seemed reasonable.
    I won't keep bothering you guys, but was my thinking correct?

Big thank you to Jay and HemitunerAJ for taking time to answer some of my questions and offer advice.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohioc5 View Post
    Thank you for responding. We installed the 2.85" pulley tonight with a 180 thermostat. I logged my drive home but didn't get into PE yet. I'll put the torque management back in the tune. I was thinking about an aggressive track tune, but if it's more consistent with it on, well it's going back in.
    The one table I've been beating myself up over is the boost control supercharger airflow. Basically I took the % difference from 11lbs to a potential 14 lbs of boost and multiplied that table by 20 or so percent. It's under Engine-torque management - supercharger-supercharger airflow. The added percentage seemed reasonable.
    I won't keep bothering you guys, but was my thinking correct?

Big thank you to Jay and HemitunerAJ for taking time to answer some of my questions and offer advice.
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

Advanced Tuner
    Strange. My remote tuner stated to me on boost "I get what I get". lol. I will not comment on that. But my 2.85 goes on next Wednesday. I just went with the diablo and am hoping I do see another 3 pounds of boost. I am at elevation so all I see is 10. So maybe around 13 for me if she holds boost.

Are you pinning the crank? I am not right now with the 2.85. Some swear it needs to be done. Others say with the 2.85 it is not necessary.

On my factory wide band at wot I am seeing 11.0 now. I know these cars have a stoic of 13.85 instead of 14.10. So the real afr is about 2 percent leaner. 11.2. Conservative. But I can understand that as he does not want to see me go kaboom.

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

Boost will be depend on pulley size and elevation, I imagine. Maybe some other factors, but you will get what you get.

I didn't pin the crank yet, but will probably in the near future. Don't think it would ever be a bad idea.

Are you running E10 gas?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohioc5 View Post
    Boost will be depend on pulley size and elevation, I imagine. Maybe some other factors, but you will get what you get.

I didn't pin the crank yet, but will probably in the near future. Don't think it would ever be a bad idea.

Are you running E10 gas?
    Yes. Sometimes E20 to E30 especially when I go to the strip.

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet