Thread: All I Want to do is reset my fans to 180 stat

All I Want to do is reset my fans to 180 stat

Hello, I would like to get the VCM suite @$499 only if I can change the high/low cooling fan on-off temps without rewiring the PCM or fans. Everything I've seen makes it seem like it can simply be done through the tuner.

I've already used the Diablosport 30 day return policy(returned it the next day) when the intune didn't have the abilities to change my fan settings and I don't want to make the jump to HP Tuners if it's not an easy thing. I can just install a simple plug-n-play SLP fan switch and be done with it.

I am basically asking if there are any links to video tutorials or written guides to make this adjustment. I am fairly capable with electronic/mechanical things but software usually has a no return policy once its opened, so I want to be certain this will work.

The car is a 2001 Trans Am auto 100% stock -minus lid and 180 thermostat- and I'm trying to keep it mechanically stock.

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, you could change the fan settings with ease. Would only require changing around 4 different numbers/settings.

The fan 1 on and off temp and the fan 2 on and off temp. Factory they are 226 and 219 for fan 1, fan 2 is 234 and 227.

You'd change them to like 188/182 and 195/190 or something like that, those are just random numbers that would be fine with a 180 thermostat.

Once you got comfortable with the tuner there are still several small changes that can be done to the factory tunes to make your car function and perform a ton better than it is now. You'll have the software, so you may as well use it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

That sounds good. Will this be able to pass New York State inspection with what I want to do or will it mess up my emissions readiness? Does my car still go through the learning of whatever it has to do for the various emissions controls?
    I know the Hypertech Hyperpac does this and can give you a basic tune and it's the same price but I like the adjustability I can get from HP.
    Are there any links showing this procedure?

So long as all the emission equipment is still installed and working like it should, there would be no problems still passing your state emissions test. Even with some systems gone, you could still pass the test as you are able to disable certain tests and DTC's for certain things depending on vehicle.

After you got your VCM suite, you'd have to license your stock calibration from the vehicle and save it. Then you would make sure you are in advanced view under the edit tab. Edit > View > Advanced, then go to the systems tab, then click fans. All the fan settings will be displayed there. Make your changes and save as a new file name, then write the calibration to the vehicle. Pretty simple process.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Do you know if "Frost" emails tunes? I had been thinking of a tune from him down the road. I think I'd be able to install it from a file via the OBD port if I had HP tuning software.

I'm still a little on the fence as I don't think this can be returned if it doesn't work for me.

No idea on what he does.

You are right, once you have it and use it, you can't return it. You could only sell it yourself.

Think about is as more than a tuning tool. These things are great for diag and just being a vehicle scanner that can even control specific functions in cars. Things from fan controls, raise and lower rpm, command gears, hold gears, fuel trim controls, many things can be done using the scanner if you are using it as a diag tool.

VCM suite will do what you are asking no problem, then you can tune it further if you wish.

Thanks for your help, btw do you know of any help video links online related to the neophyte user? Honestly when I look at these guys tuning A/F ratios I feel it's way over my head, and I don't plan to do anything crazy. Not yet at least!