Thread: read and licensed vehicle now cant write info box says unlicensed vehicle

Tuner in Training

read and licensed vehicle now cant write info box says unlicensed vehicle

Hey guys. I have this 02 Camaro that i recently changed the computer, programmed it to the vehicle with gm sps read the ecm with hp tuners and licensed the vehicle. I immediately afterwards made a few changes to idle speed and tried to write the vehicle and got the message unlicensed vehicle. if i read again
    the option to license the vehicle does not come up. the vin does not show up under licenses but i dont have the credits i used. it appears that the software sees the license but the interface does not. Has anyone seen this before?
    Thanks
    Michael

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support this doesn't sound like something that can be handled via forum.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I have and im really not trying to be impatient but i gotta figure this out so I can finish this car off. its strapped to the dyno and i have others waiting. Should have been a real quick tune but this thing is being a real pain in the a$$.
    Thanks Bill

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    What is your ticket number?

Tuner in Training
    My original ticket was 87205. I mistakenly opened a couple of others. Neither the original vin on the computer that I changed or the vehicle vin is showing on my licenses. Cory had stated that I may have licensed an 01 but although the computer was from an 01 that vin is not showing as licensed either. I read after changing the vin through gm sps and resetting the computer. Im not sure what happened.
    Thanks
    Michael

Tuner in Training
    if you guys can get the other vin that I licensed i can change it in the vehicle and get it done. but the original vehicle vin is 2g1fp32g22143545 and the replacement computer had vin 2g1fp22gx12116553. neither of those shop up in the info files or the licenses.
    Thanks
    Michael

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah looks like whoever did your sps/tech 2 flash didn't get the vin block correct. There are two spots in the ecm where the vin is stored and they are both different. Not sure if its something our software will be able to fix but I sent the person working on your ticket some instructions on what to try.

Tuner in Training
    iam having a similar issue with the 3.6 ,I have emailed bill but haven't recieved response on how or whats needed to fix it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ad6chevy View Post
    iam having a similar issue with the 3.6 ,I have emailed bill but haven't recieved response on how or whats needed to fix it.
    What is your ticket number?

when I go to write my car is sez I need to get credits I have credits how do I get it to know that

Have you already licensed that vehicle and module or what is going on exactly?