Thread: 2012 Expedition, 5.4 with 6R80

Tuner in Training

2012 Expedition, 5.4 with 6R80

I am tuning our 2012 Expedition. I have done zero changes to the engine side of the tune. I have only made changes to the transmission which I based off of the transmission tune I had in my 2014 Mustang.

The truck is stock, I just wanted to take away the sluggish feeling it had and I accomplished that. The one problem I am having is the truck is pulling the throttle closed for a split second on the shift a wot. I will include my tune and data log from it happening.

If I could get some advice on whats causing that I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    Wilson's Expedition.hptExpedition.hpl
    Tim

Senior Tuner
    I see engine speed limit as torque source. Your engines RPM is set higher than where this is happening. You can try setting your RPM limit ETC Hyst. to 0 and see if it goes away. You may hit a spark cut or fuel cut limiter instead of a throttle closure.

The other option is to change your NV value to see if that helps.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    I see engine speed limit as torque source. Your engines RPM is set higher than where this is happening. You can try setting your RPM limit ETC Hyst. to 0 and see if it goes away. You may hit a spark cut or fuel cut limiter instead of a throttle closure.

The other option is to change your NV value to see if that helps.
    I tried tried both changes and neither changed it. The Expedition is still seeing engine speed limit when it pulls the throttle back. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Senior Tuner
    Under fuel cutoff, DFCO I think you are missing a table. In other vehicle its an RPM limit vs oil temp, coolant temp, and transmission temp.

I would contact support to see if they can add that table for your vehicle.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Under fuel cutoff, DFCO I think you are missing a table. In other vehicle its an RPM limit vs oil temp, coolant temp, and transmission temp.

I would contact support to see if they can add that table for your vehicle.
    Thanks I contacted support requesting to get that added. I'll update the thread with the results.

Tim

Tuner in Training
    Just wanted to update the Eric added the missing table and even fixed a couple other things that he saw while he was doing that for me. HP Tuners customer service shines again like always!! The truck shift when I want now!!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by AkWhtBst View Post
    Just wanted to update the Eric added the missing table and even fixed a couple other things that he saw while he was doing that for me. HP Tuners customer service shines again like always!! The truck shift when I want now!!

Tim
    Glad that took care of it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    AK would you mind sharing the updated tune data for the transmission? I'd like to try and ditch the laggy shifts and get it in the right gear more often. Thanks in advance!