Thread: WOT Reading at only 80% in Data Logs

Potential Tuner

WOT Reading at only 80% in Data Logs

Attempting to tune a 2012 6R80 with a Boss intake up to 7,500 RPMs, but not getting any higher than 7,200. After making multiple adjustments, we discovered during data logging that with the pedal pushed to the floor, it's only reading at 80%; 85% if I take the floor mat out and lock my knee into it. Could this be causing the car to shift early? How can I get the car's WOT reading from 80% to 100%?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO 5 OH View Post
    Attempting to tune a 2012 6R80 with a Boss intake up to 7,500 RPMs, but not getting any higher than 7,200. After making multiple adjustments, we discovered during data logging that with the pedal pushed to the floor, it's only reading at 80%; 85% if I take the floor mat out and lock my knee into it. Could this be causing the car to shift early? How can I get the car's WOT reading from 80% to 100%?
    TPS will only be int he 80-85% range, this is normal and not the reason you aren't shifting past 7200rpm. Chances are you need to increase the shift speed in the tune to get it closer to the correct MPH the car will be traveling when you are near the RPM you want to shift at. Post the tune if you want more detail suggestions to fix the shifting

Tuner in Training
    Hello! I am the one messing with the tuning. Have applied the RPM patch too. Seems no matter what I did in the upshift table in the last column even raising it as far as 25 mph wouldn't allow it to shift It would spin to 7300 and hang and not shift until letting off the pedal.

Potential Tuner
    2015-06-15-7500-45mph.hpt

Here you go. Thank you.

Senior Tuner
    Need to raise your RPM limit higher than your shift MPH vs EOT under engine management> fuel> cutoff, DFCO