Thread: GT500 SIP Sensor

Advanced Tuner

GT500 SIP Sensor

I would like some insight on how exactly this sensor works. There are four tables in the editor which are the slope and offset tables for both when the bypass is open and closed. From my understanding the computer uses this to help predict the pressure drop across the throttle blades and transitions from the supercharger to help reach desired torque from the ETC system and it switches and blends between the two tables as the bypass valve moves from open to close. I assume that since each rpm in the table has different slopes and offsets that essentially there is different map table for each rpm based off 0 to 5v. Am I understanding this correctly or am I way off in left field? Also it doesn't seem that very many people adjust these tables I could find very little information on the subject but it looks like it could be very beneficial to adjust these when changing to more efficient blowers.

Senior Tuner
    Supercharger inlet pressure sensor? It should work just like a throttle inlet pressure sensor and manifold pressure sensor. Mainly for any ETC error so you seem to have it figured out.

The slope and offset are numbers are part of the speed density. Mx+B=y is the formula. M= slope, x would be the air mass in Lbs, B = offset, Y= MAP. The numbers describe a regression line and how it changes as RPMS change. Regression lines are best fit lines based on many statistical data points. This gives the system its great flexibility and for most applications they do not need to be changed. It would also take many data logs and much time to get enough data to get an updated accurate regression line for all pressures and RPMs.

Advanced Tuner
    So it would be about like trying to correct speed density tables.....lots and lots of time that's not really worth it

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog1325 View Post
    So it would be about like trying to correct speed density tables.....lots and lots of time that's not really worth it
    There are some values floating around that a lot of people tend to use that you could try, but if the car is driving fine and doesn't have issues I wouldn't mess with it. I just finished a GT500 with a TVS swap amongst other things and didn't touch those tables at all. Car drives like stock and makes power like it's suppose too