Thread: Found an issue with the new version

Found an issue with the new version

This is the same stock file, literally nothing changed to it to confirm the difference between 3.4 and 3.6 versions of HPT. I loaded an update to the car with that wheel speed tq table increased as I mentioned in the other thread. Haven't had another limp mode since doing that, so that is good! But I did feel the car wasn't as powerful. I analyzed the log and my timing is about 17* instead of the usual 21-22*. I was looking thru the tune trying to figure out what I was missing before trying to just add more commanded timing in Main Spark. Thats when I came across this error in the Minimum Spark table. I loaded my work PC with the 3.4 version of the software and then took a screen shot on my laptop and work PC to post here for comparison. I thought maybe it was an error simply adding -'s in front of the numbers but the values are totally different. Im prolly going to try loading the 3.4 version table over top of the 3.6 table and just run it but I wanted to see what you guys think about this first.

minspark_new.jpg

minspark_old.jpg

After looking again, I noticed the ECM ID# changed for the minimum spark table too

It is not an issue in 3.6. The table in the new version is actually the Spark Minimum table.

We are working on adding the other spark tables in, which would include the other one in your screenshot from the older version.

Thank you.

So in 3.6, the minimum spark table is the actual minimum spark table? What was the table in 3.4 then? Was it just labeled wrong? Im not sure why I changed 1 thing in the tune which should have no effect on the timing but now my actual timing advance is 5* lower than commanded with no knock/spark retard present.

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    So in 3.6, the minimum spark table is the actual minimum spark table? What was the table in 3.4 then? Was it just labeled wrong? Im not sure why I changed 1 thing in the tune which should have no effect on the timing but now my actual timing advance is 5* lower than commanded with no knock/spark retard present.
    Yes, sorry. There was a mislabeling. We are working on adding that back as well as more spark tables.

I just tried doing a similar idea to adjust the Optimum spark tables but the inverse for the min spark table. Set the whole min spark table to my knock retard max (-8*) and then added the main spark over top. We'll see if that helps on the ride home today. Thanks for the info!