Thread: 2015 Stock GT Mustang - Main cause for throttle opening delay going WOT?

Senior Tuner

2015 Stock GT Mustang - Main cause for throttle opening delay going WOT?

Just took my first scan of my own car, and first thing I noticed was the delay in the throttle opening, takes almost the entire length of each gear to fully open. In the log attached it was a rolling 1-2-3 gear run. Strangely I cannot find any PID showing my foot was actually on the floor, as well, but I can assure you it was from the very start.

I want to tackle one item at a time as I start to learn how to tune these cars, car is currently 100% stock except a Corsa catback and some suspension mods. My next mod is a 350 intake manifold, throttle body and CJ cold air intake.

After that I have a 2.9L whipple already on my shelf ready for install.

Stock Tune 2015 PP Manual GT.hpt

WOT Rolling 1-2-3.hpl

Senior Tuner
    There's a place somewhere called Managed Tip-In switch. Might in the Electronic Throttle table. It's a 1 or 0 not enable disable. You just set it to zero. I'm not at my computer to be more helpful. Sorry. If you don't find it I'll send a location to it in a little bit when I back on the computer

Senior Tuner
    Cool, found it, Under ENGINE>AIRFLOW>GENERAL I see the Managed Tip-In Switch (set to 1 stock) and the Tip In Airmass (40% stock). Going to set both to 0 to start.

Tuner
    So you only have a cat back and you were having this throttle issue? I still have my Tip In set to 1 on a turbo car and Throttle Body always follows Accelerator Pedal. Something else must also be at play.