Thread: P0526 Code Question..

Tuner in Training

P0526 Code Question..

Question... I keep getting this code come up (P0526) when my tbss gets to operating temperature. This code is a Fan Speed Sensor Circuit, which fan are they talking about LOL? TBSS do not come with electric cooling fans so....can I disable this? can someone help me with this.....Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    For a 2006 TBSS, the fan clutch is controlled by the ECM using a PWM signal. If you're still using the fan clutch, make sure it is working properly. Check your wiring at the fan clutch wiring connector, on the fan shroud. Looking at the mods in your signature, I'm surprised you dont have efans already on your truck as they're a pretty common upgrade for most TBSS guys.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    ScarabEpic22 I do have efans on this truck...that's why i'm wondering how this came up. This is the first time I've seen this code? I got the tbss already with efans, I'm assuming I can disable this function ?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PDRacing View Post
    ScarabEpic22 I do have efans on this truck...that's why i'm wondering how this came up. This is the first time I've seen this code? I got the tbss already with efans, I'm assuming I can disable this function ?
    I checked my 06 TBSS files, I have a buddy's truck that I installed efans and tuned and still has that code enabled. It's been 3 years and no code. What efans did you install, did you use PCMofNC's wiring harness? They have a special jumper for the fuse box that powers the factory plug at 100%, I wonder if this prevents the P0526 code.

Do your fans come on properly and behave correctly? If so, just uncheck the SES Enable and turn the Error Mode to "No Error Reported".
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    Ya i looked at the baseline on this truck and the box was also enabled and again this just started happening. As for the fans, they are off a camaro not sure what year as they were on the truck when I got them. I have them hooked up to hayden temp switch with dual relays. The fans come on fine and shut off also. I'll have time to tinker with it tonight, I will do what you mentioned above ScarabEpic22...thanks for the info chief...