Thread: 13 CTSV STFT +29 on decel?

Tuner in Training

13 CTSV STFT +29 on decel?

I have dialed in my VVE to within +/- 3% up to 3,200 rpm. I still have a few spots in the -9% range around 15-20 kpa, but nothing richer than 13.20 AFR during deceleration in OL. Switch over to CL and dialed in MAF to within -3-4% range throughout most of the HZ range. However, I am getting some crazy STFT trims that spike to +29 during deceleration. I have included a log and you can see it show up 6 minutes 12 seconds into log for about 10 second duration. Does anyone have any experience with correcting this rich decel behavior on a similar setup? List of mods are below for reference. It appears that injector PW is bouncing around between 0.8ms and 1.4ms during this period? DFCO and CFCO are both disabled for both MAF and VVE tuning. I also have more logs showing other examples as well if needed?

2013 CTSV 6M
    2" SW Headers
    Full exhaust - no cats
    Ported blower
    Ported LS7 TB
    Milled Reinforced ZL1 lid
    Weapon X heat exchanger
    3 gallon ice water box
    Verimax intercooler pump
    2.38" Lingenfelter pulley - Gates belt
    ID1000 injectors
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Awesome! Thanks I will give this a shot tonight after work and test. I imagine that I will need to correct < 40 KPA in VVE after correcting trims on decel. I have been filtering < 3% throttle so it might not be too bad of a correction?

Advanced Tuner
    Report back if it works if you don't mind.

If you were filtering out that throttle data you may not be in too bad of shape, but once it starts acting properly it will be pretty easy to get back in line since you won't have any surprise climbing fuel trims. I'd guess that your fueling just after these events may be a bit skewed and will need to be corrected since there was so much extra fuel being dumped in previously.

Tuner in Training
    That advice DSteck provided in the above attached link fixed the issue. Trims in the lower KPA ranges were not too bad either. What do these VSS parameters do exactly and how does this influence the spike in trims + 29 STFT values on decel? Thanks again for the help.

Engine
    ->Fuel
    --->Open & Closed Loop
    ----->LTFT Idle Cells Thresholds

Set Enable VSS to 255
    Set Disable VSS to 256