Thread: 6r80 wot shift extremely early

Tuner in Training

6r80 wot shift extremely early

I have tried alot to get this thing to shift 1 to 2 higher. I went to the track last week and found that the car is commanding a 1 to 2 shift at 26 mph and completes the shift by 5500 rpm at WOT. All other gears shift where they should. Can someone please look at the tune file and let me know if there is anything preventing it shifting higher?

Car has a circle d 3b converter, 3.15 gears and stock trans on an et street radial pro.

I am just not that experienced with tuning. I would be happy just to be pointed in the right direction to get this thing to shift like it should.

I posted about this quite sometime ago. Things happened and I lost interest in fixing it. I would really like to get this sorted out but, definitely need some help. Thanks

14gttvs6r80.hpt

Senior Tuner
    They want to shift at the traction control shift speed even when it is turned off if there is any wheelspin whatsoever and it seems like sometime I have them try to do it 1-2 when I can't even notice any spinning.

Raising the traction control shift MPH should fix it.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks ridenrunwv. I will give that a try.

Senior Tuner
    square or staggered tire sizes?

Tuner in Training
    At the track I run stock tires up front and et street radial pro in the rear. Havent got to the track to try the traction control mph being raised. Never enough time to do anything.
    Last edited by apd252; 06-14-2017 at 03:37 PM.