Thread: I have some questions about owning a dyno fellas...

Advanced Tuner

I have some questions about owning a dyno fellas...

I've been wanting to get a dyno and have a couple of questions.

Well I've searched around on the dyno jet, dynocom inc and some others companies. Dynocom inc has the prices on there website http://www.dynocom.net/catalog/type.asp?iType=29 I was looking into the 15,000 and 7,500 series 2 wheel drive. Now my question is what else I need if I get one of these dynos? I know I would need a laptop and a lift or in ground set up. But also I was wondering what else it need it.

You could give them a call as well, I'm they might have some pointers as to what works well with their product.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I would stick with DynoJet or Mustang for dynamometer testing.
    I've seen inferior products fly apart, break down often, give fairytale numbers (even after being calibrated by the manufacturer)...

Dynojet...did you type that on accident? HAHA, but anyway, yea at least Dynojet has recognized that they needed to absolutely build a dyno with a brake because otherwise it's good for nothing but a number. If you ask me Dynojet has always been the queen of fairytale numbers, from owning Mustang dyno's I always had to set up and give printouts of dynojet numbers because tears would flow after seeing REAL numbers. Even now I have a dynocom 7500 with brake I purchased new, had to make it spit out dynojet numbers to keep the masses happy since most only care about a peak number, not an average over powerband. Again from owning both, after going down to dynocom, taking a tour of the shop in Ft. Worth where they build the Dyno in house, have all the needed machines and equipment to do so, I was impressed. The build quality is thought out and lots of things taken into consideration. My 7500 is rated at 2700hp at 220mph, but it's seen over 3,000. Takes it like a champ. Just my opinion, Dynocom or Mustang, if you enjoy quality and great engineering and being able to tune instead of just, "here's how much your car makes".