Thread: H/C C6 Z06 - Can You spot the issue with my Log File!

Tuner in Training

H/C C6 Z06 - Can You spot the issue with my Log File!

I am not done yet with the tuning, but my RPM movement does not look right for me! The RPM gets stuck at some point and goes backward a little then continues to the top and does that several times before it reaches 7000 RPM!

Is that issue is happening because of the tune..? or there is some mechanical issue that need to be addressed. one of my friends who happen to be a good tuner is saying that is clutch slip; not sure if he is right or not since my clutch is still fresh (Twin Disk with less than 2000 miles).

Thanks for your time and feedback
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by alnassak View Post
    I am not done yet with the tuning, but my RPM movement does not look right for me! The RPM gets stuck at some point and goes backward a little then continues to the top and does that several times before it reaches 7000 RPM!

Is that issue is happening because of the tune..? or there is some mechanical issue that need to be addressed. one of my friends who happen to be a good tuner is saying that is clutch slip; not sure if he is right or not since my clutch is still fresh (Twin Disk with less than 2000 miles).

Thanks for your time and feedback
    If you're talking about the sawtooth part right around 6k rpm, that's what a bumpy road looks like! Seriously. I zoomed in on your log in this screenshot. You can see that the MPH and RPM has the identical dips and spikes. That's a good thing, that means the clutch IS NOT slipping. If the clutch was slipping, you'd see the rpm's rise but the mph would stay the same or flatten a little even.

Basically what you're seeing is the suspension getting a little upset by something, most likely a dip in the road or possibly a little tire slip. It's easier to see this stuff in 4th gear when the rpm's and vehicle speeds should track evenly, assuming the trans is 1:1 in 4th.

Good question btw!

This is from YOUR log... Red trace is Engine RPM, Green trace is Vehicle Speed.

Check out my V8 Sky build video. It's pretty cool!...

https://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q

https://www.youtube.com/user/gmtech16450yz

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    If you're talking about the sawtooth part right around 6k rpm, that's what a bumpy road looks like! Seriously. I zoomed in on your log in this screenshot. You can see that the MPH and RPM has the identical dips and spikes. That's a good thing, that means the clutch IS NOT slipping. If the clutch was slipping, you'd see the rpm's rise but the mph would stay the same or flatten a little even.

Basically what you're seeing is the suspension getting a little upset by something, most likely a dip in the road or possibly a little tire slip. It's easier to see this stuff in 4th gear when the rpm's and vehicle speeds should track evenly, assuming the trans is 1:1 in 4th.

Good question btw!

This is from YOUR log... Red trace is Engine RPM, Green trace is Vehicle Speed.

I really appreciate your detailed feedback, that make sense to me. Actually I was testing the car in 3rd and the road was not that good to be honest, and to mention that my suspension setup is 100% stock while I make about 120 more whp than the stock form.

I guess It is time to upgrade the suspension, to make the car stiffer on the road and street roll racing runs.

I will try to make another run in 4th car as soon as I can and review the results accordingly.

Thank you again.