Thread: Camaro LQ4/4L80e swap not fun to drive..

Tuner in Training

Camaro LQ4/4L80e swap not fun to drive..

Hello,

I just completed my swap, my -68 drives wonderful! But the tranny shifts up way to fast and I really need to get on her before she downshifts.

When cruising at 50mph, I would like to be able to blip the throttle and have her in 3rd - and hold 3 as long as Im accelerating. That only happens if if go almost full throttle.

Would also love if the tranny held the 2nd a bit longer. Im in 3rd almost as soon as I roll out on the road.

Theres only a few HP tuners in the country so I paid for a tune in the states that should match my build.
    Motor drives fantastic, but the pre-programmed tranny tune feels like a "comfort" tune, I want a sport tune on her!

Has anyone achieved this in their file? I would be most grateful if someone could send me their tune, so I can update mine accordingly. I dont have a HPT myself so I can play around, but I know a tuner that has, but he dosent have any experience with tranny tuning..

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?!

Also got a problem that she dosnt upshift under WOT...

Tuner in Training
    Tune 2.hpt

Here you go.. I am sure it will need some tweaking for your case but give it a whirl.. the rest of the tune is incomplete yet as I just went Turbo so wouldn't use much of that...

Assuming I figured out the attachment thing...

Tuner in Training
    BIG Thank you! Will test soon and let you know! 😀

Tuner in Training
    So i have compared the two files

Hope its ok to ask some questions, I need to learn a bit more..

Your shift tables looks much sportier than the ones I have in the PCM at the moment. Looking forward to test these!
    But all the rest is different regarding the tranny control, a lot (all) which is above my knowledge level.

What about the TTC control section of it, can you enable that without any risk of destroying the TCC?

Woudl the best approach for me to just copy the tables on the "Auto Shift" Tab into my file or do I need to copy the whole tranny section to get it to work?

I have attached my current tune here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I am no expert either.. I do have a circle D multi disk converter so locking on mine is not a concern and give me a little extra pull on top end, at least at the 450 or so RWHP I was running before turbo.. I would say start with the shift portions and if that suits you stop there..

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTA View Post
    I am no expert either.. I do have a circle D multi disk converter so locking on mine is not a concern and give me a little extra pull on top end, at least at the 450 or so RWHP I was running before turbo.. I would say start with the shift portions and if that suits you stop there..
    In my eyes youre an expert

Ok, Im running around 400rwhp, with a Yank SS3600 converter (which is not made for TCC lockup during WOT).
    So Ill leave that one out.

I can also see that your shift pressures far exceeds mine. Is there any negative aspect in raising these?

Another thing, your release on the TCC in 4th is? I cannot understand why its set to 190mph over 55% TPS?

Tuner in Training
    Maybe somewhat sloppy tuning.. But since it "locks" at 201 it won't lock in 4th (at least not while I am in it)... So I just set unlock to 10 below but won't really matter...

I am running a 4.10 and 4000 stall.. I get through 1st and 2nd pretty quick but pass through the lights in 3rd as I am only running on an 1/8 mile track..

Here is your file with a few transmission changes made.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veee8 View Post
    Here is your file with a few transmission changes made.
    Thank you so much! This looks much sportier!

Ill try this one as well. There are only 3 HP tuners modules in the country here... Strongly considering buying my own so I can test this and play around with it.
    Its very costly to rent the tuners time play around with this, as he dosnet have any knowledge on the current trans tuning. So Im basicually rentign ht HP tuners @80$/hour.

If I look at this now. At WOT it should only shit from 1 -> 2 once I reach the speed of 47mph? Is that OR/AND if i reach the 6400rpm (Full throttle shift RPM)?

Old tune had 37mph, but did still not upshift during WOT?