Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4L60e issues,...bout to take a 50cal and give er the whole 9 yards

4L60e issues,...bout to take a 50cal and give er the whole 9 yards

First off, thanks for reading this post,....I truly need some advice guys,...I've only been HPT'ing for a couple months,.. but, I've quickly learned a lot, thanks to y'all. Please see truck specs in my signature below. Believe me, if I still had my military issued 50cal,...I'd of done walked out on base and chewed this transmission slap up, and burnt the leftovers. Been going on for weeks and weeks,....truly need some help guys.

I don't know if this issue is caused by the 0411 swap, the new 4L60e,...or maybe even my base tune/OS,.... (all done at the same time I restored truck). I've attached both the tune, and my scan from this morning's drive (I also connected a line pressure gauge to the test port). First 35% of scan is me waiting for the truck to warm up - please skip that.

***Note - On HPTuners scanner, we've concluded, our PID for the 4L60e 2-3 shift solenoid is actually labelled "Shift Solenoid 3-4",..as you'll see in the attached scan***

First issue:
    2nd and 4th gear solenoid operation is ass backwards (P/N, Reverse, 1st and 3rd are good though),....

- 2nd gear should be - solenoids 1-2off / 2-3on / 3-2on ----- but their assbout ----- they showed 1-2on / 2-3off / 3-2off (even the 3-2 is wrong)
    - 4th gear should be - solenoids 1-2on / 2-3off / 3-2on ------their also assbout ---- they showed 1-2off / 2-3on / 3-2on (3-2 is correct on this one)

Truck shifts perfectly,...exactly per BlueCat's spreadsheet/uploaded shift tables,....all 4 shifts are dead on the MPH/TPS,...even the TCC locks right on time. I piece-mill reviewed the scan, and their all cross-haired/dead-on perfect.
    Has anyone experienced this or can tell me, "hey,.. new dude, check this,..." Or,.. if I indeed have a 4L60e in my tune (as apposed to a 4L80e?). I've already checked the 0411 wiring a half dozen times,...even had my wife out there calling each wire color/pin#, per LexTech's pinout sheet (twice).

Second issue:
    I connected an OTC 0-400 transmission line pressure gauge to the test port, while I recorded the scan/drive this morning.
    In my driveway/brake on - read 84psi for PND321 and 115psi for reverse. I thought,...cool,...good enough pressures,....lets go for a drive.

I bet the drivers around me thought I was going slap ass crazy,....man, I was spitting chips,.....on top of the solenoids not working correctly (mentioned above),... the durn gauge needle never even moved off the original 84PSI,... even though I went up through all gears and various throttle positions (up to roughly 50% throttle). Didn't move one IODA,.... it bounced around maybe .5PSI or so,....

But,.. wait,...what about the "Force Motor (PCS) line pressure %" I was recording on my scanner??? Could it "simply" be a brand new/bad PC solenoid??? Nooooope, the % was cycling up and down, right on time with the throttle % (roughly),.... so,....where does that leave me,... (please see scan).

I think the line pressure being stuck at only 84PSI (in all forward gears) is the reason I have a shudder type noise coming from the trans when I give it the boot (a bit). Sounds kinda like the 3-4 clutch pack is chattering (maybe not enough pressure to hold them tight?) I would think the line pressure needs to increase as more throttle is laid to it,...

When I came home,...my Wife knew I quietly spitting nails and thinking how I could singlehandedly whip the entire ISIS groups ass. Man, I was so looking forward to driving my truck today,...been over a year of non-stop restoration work.

Know you know my woes,....I truly need some advise here guys,...I'm thinking the two must be linked (but, maybe not),...and I don't know if its a mechanical issue in the new trans, or a 0411 swap issue,...and or, an OS/tune segment issue (shoot, could be all three,... for all I know).

Please lend me some guidance guys,......what can I check or do??,.... at wits end with this transmission. Everything else I've done to the truck is good to go (knock on wood),.. but, this.
    Totally restored - 1996 GMC K1500 ext cab, HT383e swap, MPFI spider, 0411 PCM swap, FLT Level 5 4L60e with Sonnax Smart Tech input housing, Tru-Cool 40k transmission cooler with -6AN lines, 1-5/8" Hedman Husler long tube race headers with 2-1/2"ss dual exhaust, rebuilt 3.73 rear axle with Yukon/Detroit Helical locker, 6" ProComp lift with steering stabilizer and rear traction bars, 35x12.50x15 BFG All Terrains, Perma-Cool e-fans, etc, etc, etc,..

The FLT (Finish Line Transmissions) Level 5 4L60e seen in my signature, isn't in the truck yet,...it's sitting in my garage on a pallet, waiting to go in,....once I get the above issues sorted out.

The 4L60e currently in the truck is a new transmission (with only 363 miles on it), built by a local builder that has all the typical Sonnax/Alto/hard part upgrades (4 pinion swapped to 5, etc),... thus, the reason (given the above symptoms) I don't know if it's the 0411 swap, the tune, or the actual transmission itself.

I'm trying to assure that I get everything working correctly before I swap in the FLT,....I can say, man, that new FLT trans sure does look good sitting in my garage,,,,,,bwaaaahahaha.
    Totally restored - 1996 GMC K1500 ext cab, HT383e swap, MPFI spider, 0411 PCM swap, FLT Level 5 4L60e with Sonnax Smart Tech input housing, Tru-Cool 40k transmission cooler with -6AN lines, 1-5/8" Hedman Husler long tube race headers with 2-1/2"ss dual exhaust, rebuilt 3.73 rear axle with Yukon/Detroit Helical locker, 6" ProComp lift with steering stabilizer and rear traction bars, 35x12.50x15 BFG All Terrains, Perma-Cool e-fans, etc, etc, etc,..

Can someone slap me with sheer wisdom??�� If I pop the wiring harness connector off at the trans,....how can I safely test each trans connector pin to assure PCM outputs/wiring down to trans are good (using HPTuners to command each gear R1234 and TCC lock - then test the trans connector pins)? I'm simply trying to half-split the above issue to see if it's PCM based or if it's in the trans itself.

Could I use a test light, or would it be better to use a multimeter? If so, how would I hook it up for testing?

I'm not familiar with PCM internals, thus don't know the safe way to do this testing,.... I do know the PCM uses switched grounds for shift solenoid commands and each of these solenoids use the same hot wire feed,.....just don't know the safe way to do it,.....never done it before.

Thanks guys.

Does my breathe stink guys? Or is it my feet? LexTech confirmed it definitely is the 4L60e segment in my tune,.... thus,....we can rule that out the tune "potentially" having a 4L80e base.

Food for thought - scanner's "Force motor (PCS) line pressure %",.... does the scanner reading reflect "commanded" by the PCM software,...or is it "actual" current from the PCS?
    I thought I read somewhere that a Tech2 can give you both the commanded and actual readings for comparison (to troubleshoot/confirm what the PCS is actually doing),...man, they are sure proud of that Tech2 at $3-5grand "used".

Thanks for any help guys. By the time I'm done solving this (due to the exhaustive research/learning I'm doing), I'll be able to help other guys with 4L60e issues,....

Well,...the saga continues,...with LexTech's help (he had previously sent me two 0411 PCM's to download base tunes for us HPTuner users),... I swapped in one of his bone stock 0411 PCM to see if my PCM was causing the 2nd and 4th gear shift solenoids 1-2 and 2-3 to be (on/off) backasswards as shown in post #1 above,...noooope, it did exactly same,....I go hungry,...no chicken dinner.

Put my tuned PCM back in, and proceeded to force 1-2 and 2-3 shift solenoids on/off with scanner's special functions,...yep, worked,...each one shifted on/off as commanded - saw them change on the scanner Channels output,....but, gotta drop the trans pan to verify which one is actually turning on/off as commanded by the special functions buttons in scanner. Who knows,.... 1-2 solenoid could be turning on/off, when I'm actually commanding the 2-3,...and visa versa.

Next, I proceeded to test the PCS mentioned above in post #1 - started truck, and using the scanner special functions - cycled the Force Motor (PC solenoid) amperage from 1.09 amps down to zero (which zero would produce max line pressure),....and again, I go hungry,...no chicken for me. I did this test in both park and in drive,...while watching my OTC line pressure gauge (connected to test port above neutral/safety switch),....noooope,...gauge didn't move a bit on either test. But, wait,....you ask,....did the PCS commanded and PCS actual current readings change on the scanner as I changed the PCS current in the special functions test??? Yeah man,...you guessed it,...SURE IT DID,....it was step for step,...as I moved the special functions PCS amperage up/down, the scanner PCS commanded and actual readings followed perfectly,....yet, the physical OTC line pressure gauge I screwed into the test port,...didn't move one durn single itty bitty PSI.

P.S. - I answered my own question above about PCS actual and commanded - it's in the scanner, you can record both.

So one,...I've verified my PCM wasn't the issue. Two, I verified the 1-2 and 2-3 solenoids actually turn on/off as commanded (yet don't know which is which internally in trans). And Third, verified my physical PCSolenoid isn't responding as commanded by the PCM/HPTuners special functions.

Sure wish someone could confirm how to safely test scanner commands at the trans wiring harness pin connector as mentioned in post #3 above (located at trans),...I'd like to verify the shift solenoid on/off and PCS without having to drain fluid/drop pan/put it all back,....only to find out,....that ain't it man,.....

More to follow,....obviously.

I hope at the end of this, I can help some dude down the road, years from now, solve his issue,.....hell, who knows, by then, we'll probably all be driving electric trucks,......and forum threads will have A.I.

As far as I know the gen III gm transmissions don't have a pressure transducer. Just a switch.

The PCS commanded and actual just measure the commanded and actual operation of the pressure solenoid, not actual produced line pressure in the trans. Trust your gauge on the service port.

Well guys,....I drained and dropped the pan,....used the scanner "Controls and Special Functions" section to cycle both shift solenoids 1-2/2-3 on/off,.....whatcha think happened???? YEAH MAAaannn...they were bassackwards.
    When I commanded the 1-2 shift solenoid on/off (from HPTuners),...my physical 2-3 shift solenoid (on the trans valvebody itself) clicked on/off,....same with the other one (2-3 commanded, clicked 1-2 on/off).

I then went back to the GM service manual to check wiring diagrams to assure no wires were crossed anywhere,....everything was wired per the manual,....I mean, wire colors/connector pin locations and wire colors connected to each solenoid were exactly like they were supposed to be. Hhhmmmmm,.......Tic tock, tic tock,...what to do? I went ahead and simply swapped both solenoid connectors themselves,...1-2 to 2-3 and visa versa.

Now,.....I'm hoping that the HPTuners scanner is right,....meaning I hope the software commanding the solenoids to cycle is actually commanding the right one (that there not backwards in HPTuners software),.....kinda hard to believe all the wiring was perfectly right,..from the PCM pin-out to trans main harness connector, and then down through the internal wiring harness to each specific solenoid,....all perfectly wired/colors per the GM manual diagrams??? Seems strange,...we'll see when I take it for a drive this evening.

Additionally, with key-on/engine-off,....I can confirm the PCSolenoid does nothing when you cycle the current up/down from HPTuners "Special Controls and Functions". Looking at the scanner PID's, you'll see the "commanded" amperage go up/down (as your cycling the amperage up/down from HPTuners),..but the "actual" current stays at zero,.....and no, the PCSolenoid didn't vibrate/oscillate or move at all during the cycling. Guessing we must have the truck actually running,.... to see actual during cycling/testing.

Using the Tech2 (per my GM manual) says you have to have the truck running, in park with rpm round 1500,...then do the Force Motor amperage up/down to test line pressure response down/up. It won't let you move the amperage up/down if in any drive gear,...only in park. Wonder if HPTuners is same? Most likely,....but the HPTuners help page doesn't give any info on it in this regard.

VodeAn,...not sure what you mean by switch/pressure transducer,....you lost me bud And yes sir, I know bout the gauge versus actual and commanded PID's we see on the scanner. Thanks man.

Well guys,....after all that,....come to find out, looks like HPTuners software/connection may be incorrect in both -
    1. The Controls and Special Functions "command on/off buttons".
    2. And the actual Scanner reading each shift solenoid's on/off position per gear.

When I went for a drive yesterday, the transmission bucked and revved like it didn't know what to do,....whereas, before I swapped the shift solenoids around (per #1 above) the transmission shifted ok/smooth up through the gears (under light throttle). Thus, this tells me the shift solenoids were right to begin with,...and proves everything was wired right from the get-go,....exactly like I had verified per the GM service manual (mentioned in my post above).

When I got home, I went through the scanner recording and piece-analyzed the shift points versus 1-2,2-3,3-2 shift Solenoid on/off status,.....not a durn thing changed,....my 2nd and 4th gear solenoids STILL showed they were backwards,...and worse, my 3-2 Solenoid never even cycled on (whereas before, it did in 4th gear).

Below is my results chart,........

IMG_0342.jpg

How can this be??,...even after I swapped the 1-2/2-3 shift solenoids wire connectors around???
    One can't be right and the other one wrong,.....given the above, both the scanner AND the Controls and Special Functions must be incorrect.

This confirms my suspicions that the HPTuners software wasn't right, mentioned above (When I had verified all the wiring was perfect per GM service manual).

Now, it's tow truck/take it to a trans shop to have them diagnose for me,....sucks, cause this is mainly why I bought HPTuners,....so I could diagnose and fix my own truck. I'm not a tuner, I'm just now learning that part of it,....but mechanicing,...yeah man, that's me.

Lastly, the line pressure gauge never moved off the 84# (during my 2nd drive) either,...now makes me wonder if the HPTuners software is actually connected to the PCSolenoid,....and actually running the test I did the other day,......

I'll be submitting a detailed report to HPTuners support in trying to figure out what the deal is,....and I'll report back findings,...so maybe it'll help the next guys.

Good luck with contacting support for help. They seem to not want to help with anything nowadays.

Given the amount of 4L60e's on the road, this would effect many many people,....hopefully, they'll look into it,...especially considering how much time I've spent doing the work, research, and writing a clear support "help us" diagnosis. The software is clearly wrong here,.....

I'm butt-hurt guys, that's all,...

If I'm wrong, I'll eat the biggest crow on the planet, while begging forgives,.....but, the detailed step-by-step testing I've done shows otherwise.

We'll see,.....

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutchinson View Post
    Given the amount of 4L60e's on the road, this would effect many many people,....hopefully, they'll look into it,...especially considering how much time I've spent doing the work, research, and writing a clear support "help us" diagnosis. The software is clearly wrong here,.....

I'm butt-hurt guys, that's all,...

If I'm wrong, I'll eat the biggest crow on the planet, while begging forgives,.....but, the detailed step-by-step testing I've done shows otherwise.

We'll see,.....
    In all your diagnostic testing, did you try unplugging the main trans connector. If you unplug the main connector the EPC will have ZERO current and your line pressure should jump up to the 200+ psi range. I seem to remember mine having around 230 psi when I had a full Transgo HD2 shift kit in my 4L60E. I also modified the EPC current tables to allow me to have 230 psi of line pressure at full load.

If your pressure is not rising with the main connector unplugged, you have a mechanical issue in the build.

HPTuners Support,....I can't believe the response I just got back from William on ticket#87061,....inexcusable. This is not, as he put it, "unfortunately, we don't perform any in house tuning or calibration work.",....issue,.....

I'll post my original email and Williams response in my next post,....it's definitive.

HPTuners support group, Keith, Bill, Chris, Mark, Weston, Eric,...and the rest of you guys. Please see below ticket#87061 I requested for Support, along with the response I got back from HPTuners Rep William Henn -

Thank you for contacting Support Don

Unfortunately we do not perform any in house tuning or calibration work. If you already own our product and are looking For free tuning advice please visit our user help forum at www.hptuners.com/forum

William Henn
    HP Tuners LLC
    www.hptuners.com

Ticket History
    (HPT Client) Posted On: 15 June 2017 08:12 PM

Below is my original support email:

- Name - Don Hutchinson
    - Serial # - 1336645514
    - Vehicle - 1996 GMC K1500 with the 0411 PCM swap - with base tune from a 2002 Express Van with 5.7L Vortec, 4L60e, 4x4, 3.73 axle gears.
    - Laptop - Dell XPS Core i5 (1 year old - plenty capable)
    - VCM Suite info log - Attached

Detailed description
    My truck - 1996 GMC Z71 K1500 - with all new -
    - HT383e GMPP crate engine -
    - 0411 PCM swap (mentioned above)
    - 4L60e trans (same transmission from factory) professionally rebuilt with shift kit, new valvebody, Sonnax boost valve and all the typical hard parts upgrades
    - 6" ProComp lift
    - Etc, Etc, Etc,....
    - Totally restored from the ground up. All new steering, suspension, urethane bushings throughout, interior, paint,....the list goes on and on,.....no bolt left unturned. The entire frame's even been ground down and repainted.

I bought this truck for my father 20 years ago,...he gave it back to me and we fully restored it. The truck is nothing fancy or special (means a lot to me though),.....no boost, no stall converter, or anything like that,....it's simply a standard daily driver truck that I beefed up a bit over stock (for longevity),.....not a hot rod,.... although it does haul a little tater now,....
    This all started the first time I scanned my 4L60e transmission 4 weeks ago,...the scanner showed my 1-2/3-4(2-3?) shift solenoids were operating (on/off) backwards in both 2nd and 4th gear.
    It's not the PCM causing my current issues,....I've already swapped in a bone stock 0411 PCM supplied by LexTech,...went through the exact same detailed testing,..... and both times, showed the exact same discrepancy points.
    Please see my posts for a descriptive history of what I've done over the past 4 weeks,..... 1. 4L60e 1-2, 2-3 shift solenoid scan and operating issue 2. Scanner channels PID list has "Shift Solenoid 3-4 (but no 2-3) for a 4L60e? 3. 4L60e issue,....bout to take a 50cal to it and give it the whole 9 yards
    -- Issue 1 --
    Something's not correct with the Scanner - showing on/off positions for shift solenoids 1-2 and 3-4. Please see post #2 listed above - Wherein I questioned this 3-4???,....I'd presume this actually represents the 2-3 shift solenoid???,....a 4L60e doesn't physically have a 3-4 shift solenoid, it has a 2-3,....there's not a PID listed/available for a 2-3 shift Solenoid on the Channels PID list - thus are we to use the 3-4???As there was nothing in the HPTuners help section, and nothing came up on a forum search,.....I asked the forum for help to confirm that this "Shift Solenoid 3-4" PID was actually the 2-3 shift Solenoid we physically have in our 4L60e's,......and was told yes. So, on 27MAY17, I proceeded to drive the truck and record a scan. When I came back home, I piece-analyzed the scanned 1-2, 3-4 (2-3??), and 3-2 shift Solenoids operation vs gear, speed vs TPS% shifting points, and TCC lockup speed,....everything was correct,.....except shift Solenoid on/off operation per gear,.... it showed my 2nd and 4the gear Solenoid operation was backwards (it was "on" when it was supposed to be "off", and visa versa),....well, that made me proceed to the next line of testing below (issue #2),...after I got through kicking big rocks around the yard,...and mumbling to myself.
    -- Issue 2 --
    HPTuners' Controls and Special Functions (C&SF) for 1-2/2-3 on/off cycling is incorrect (they're backwards),....here's why;(01JULY17) I drained the trans oil/dropped my pan and physically checked the cycling of each solenoid to confirm right or wrong (using C&SF),.....when I clicked the on/off button for 1-2 shift solenoid, it actuated the 2-3 solenoid on/off. And when I clicked the on/off button for 2-3, it actuated the 1-2 on/off. I'm a 48 year old master electrician by trade (and since no wiring has been changed/messed with on the entire truck, except the 0411 pin-out swap,...which has been checked at least 8times),...I figured, for shits and giggles, I'll go through my GM Service Manual and check all the wiring diagrams against what's physically in the truck to see if anything was wired incorrectly (I wanted to find it, and fix it),....yet, after a couple hours chasing every transmission related wire/color/pin-out/connector pin location from the PCM,....all the way down through the wiring harness/main transmission harness connector,....and then through the internal transmission wiring harness,....to each individual Solenoid/switch in the transmission,......it was all perfectly wired/color coded/correct pin location,.....exactly like the GM manual diagrams showed,......yet,....I kept thinking,...wait a minute,...HPTuners says they're backward on both the scanner,....and when I used the C&SF buttons to cycle the solenoids on/off.
    So I proceeded to physically swap the wire connectors around between the 2 shift solenoids (as C&SF,...and the scanner, both showed they were backwards) and tested again,....as I clicked the buttons on C&SF, they were now correct,.......when I tapped the 1-2 on/off buttons, it physically actuated the 1-2 shift Solenoid (on the trans valvebody) ,.......and,......2-3 on/off physically actuated the 2-3 shift solenoid. Yet, this has to be incorrect,... as you'll see below,....and after you read my previous posts 1, 2, and 3 listed above.

IMG_0342.jpgIMG_0342.jpg

Please see above picture of my shift solenoid operation per gear/ as per HPTuners scan on 27MAY17 and 02JUN17 (and per post #3 mentioned above),.... The Controls and Special Functions section said my 1-2/2-3 solenoids were backwards,...yet, they are not. Here's why - (02JUN17) when I took the truck for a drive/record a scan, the transmission bucked and revved like it didn't know what to do,......yet,...before I swapped both solenoid connectors around, the trans shifted up through the gears ok,.....Furthermore,....(again, please see above picture of my Solenoid operation chart per gear), per the scanner, nothing changed from the 27MAY to 02JUN - 2nd and 4th gear 1-2/3-4 (2-3?) solenoid operation??,.......even though, I had physically swapped 1-2/2-3 Solenoid wire connectors around?? That simply can't be right,....on/off cycling should have been exactly opposite from 27MAY17 scan. In fact, it was worse than before I swapped the 1-2/2-3 Solenoid connectors around,......as you can see from the chart (above picture), not only did the on/off not change/swap for 2nd and 4th gear,..but, my 3-2 downshift Solenoid never cycled on,....which it should have. -- Conclusions --
    Both,...the scanner reading the shift Solenoid on/off position has something incorrect AND the Controls and Special Functions (C&SF) isn't correct within the software,....somewhere/somehow. One can't be right, and the other wrong, given the test/results shown.
    I've attached both transmission scans from 27MAY17 and 02JUN17 so you can see exactly what's going on. If you look at my tune's shift tables and TCC lock table, the truck shifts right on time per MPH/TPS and it follows right up through the gears correctly. I've also attached a copy of my tune for reference. LexTech (from whom I purchased my 0411 PCM, with the proper base tune already loaded - pioneered the 0411 swap into 96-99 GM trucks) confirmed I have a 4L60e transmission segment in my tune (as opposed to a 4L80e),...but could you guys double check it, thus eliminating this as a potential?
    I bought HPTuners,.... not only so I could learn/do my own tuning,...I mainly bought it for the scanner so I could see if/when individual components started failing on my truck/further diagnose and fix it. Yet, this is disheartening,... and frustrating that I cant seem to get C&SF/VCM Scanner to work right.
    I appreciate you looking into this for us,....if I'm wrong, I'll eat crow and beg forgiveness,.... it's gotta be something simple guys,......
    I've attached the following 4 items;1. 27MAY17 - transmission scan (being before I swapped 1-2/2-3 shift solenoid connectors around)2. 02JUN17 - transmission scan (being after I swapped 1-2/2-3 shift solenoid connectors around)3. A copy of my most recent tune that's currently in the 0411 PCM/truck4. A copy of the VCM Suite Info Log
    Thanks for assisting guys - simply want to move forward with diagnosing my current transmission issue so I can finally drive my truck,...I've been restoring it for over a year and itching to finally drive it with some confidence..
    Very Respectfully,Don Hutchinson

Ticket ID: 87061
    Department: Support (Existing Customers)

Apologies for the duplicated pics in the above post. I didn't realize it attached under "copy and paste". It is the same pic X2.

HPTuners Support,....I can't believe the response I just got back from William on ticket#87061,....inexcusable. This is not, as he put it, "unfortunately, we don't perform any in house tuning or calibration work.",....issue,.....

I'll post my original email and Williams response in my next post,....it's definitive.
    I told you good luck with that contact request. Looks like the only thing they want to do is sell you the software then after that you're on your own. If i had the funds I would dump HPTuners for lack of support and go Holley or MS3.

HPTuners Support William Henn,....In response to your reply this morning (and my subsequent reply) I've attached the 02JUN17 scan file,...thus now all 4 are here,...the only one not here is the "VCM Suite Info Log".

I would post the info log on here as well, but, not sure if that's cool,...given it has both my Device ID# and Application Key# and/or if anyone can use it for anything (I'm not sure how this works). If no one can use it for anything/its cool, please reply and I'll post it immediately.

I'm not worried about my VIN# in the info log,...its not the right one for my truck,... HPTuners won't allow me to change the VIN in a 0411 swap/my year truck because those year VIN's must match the operating system being used before it can be changed. Funny how the "Other" company has this capability.

Please let me know if it's cool to post the Info Log, or not.

105 02June17 trans check after solenoid swap.hpl

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    HPTuners Support William Henn,....In response to your reply this morning (and my subsequent reply) I've attached the 02JUN17 scan file,...thus now all 4 are here,...the only one not here is the "VCM Suite Info Log".

I would post the info log on here as well, but, not sure if that's cool,...given it has both my Device ID# and Application Key# and/or if anyone can use it for anything (I'm not sure how this works). If no one can use it for anything/its cool, please reply and I'll post it immediately.

I'm not worried about my VIN# in the info log,...its not the right one for my truck,... HPTuners won't allow me to change the VIN in a 0411 swap/my year truck because those year VIN's must match the operating system being used before it can be changed. Funny how the "Other" company has this capability.

Please let me know if it's cool to post the Info Log, or not.

105 02June17 trans check after solenoid swap.hpl
    You should email this info as an attachment to your ticket, or as suggested via my reply this morning use an alternate email address as yahoo email addresses tend to have issues with the attachments. As long as you reference your original ticket number we can merge them all together.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

OK Bill,...I just sent all 5 attachments to you from a gmail account,...referencing 87061 ticket number. Please let me know if they came through. I just received an automated return email from HPTuners stating its received.

Heard anything from support yet?

Bill at HPTuners support is assisting. He requested I download the new 3.6 software, test again, and report back,.... good or bad. Got too late in the day yesterday, so I'm on it this morning and will report back findings both here, and to Bill. The reason I've been so explanative in my posts is simply to detail what's done/how fixed,....so it (maybe) helps the next guy down the road with the same or similiar issue. Sure hope this new 3.6 software does the trick,...I'm tired of dealing with transmission fluid.