Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LS1 using secondary spark table. I find no reason for it.

MIL on 2nd is a big cause of erratic behavior. I always set important ones to MIL on 1st if they aren't already. In this case i just want to see if disabling those codes completely fixes the problem. If it does then you can fix it and re-enable them.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    More tests done but without success:

(now there's also "cylinder air" available in layout)

1. I put MAF and air pump codes "SES on" and "MIL on first error". Then started the car for a while. No fault codes were seen in scanner nor in DIC. This was done with warm engine.

2. I disabled air pump codes and pushed "clear the codes" many times on scanner and on DIC just to be sure even though there were no codes seen.

3. Test drive for 10 miles. No change in Knock Learn. WOT utilizes low octane table.

4. I modified "tumble flap closed" values: 6% throttle limit and 5 kph speed. On 15 mile test run KL stayed 0.00 and low octane table was in use.

5. I modified previous values to 100% throttle and 402 kph speed, same result.

6. We pulled the MAF connector open in search for at least one visible fail code. No luck. I modified P0102 and P0103 to "SES on" and "MIL on first error". At this point I uploaded the tune with normal speed and "write entire". After this we got MAF trouble code. We put the connector on again and I cleared the codes. After a test run there was no change in KL value.

Some logs attached of playing with those "tumble flap closed"-values (aka idle spark table). I really love my macbook air with Parallels right now but I see that logging is not accurate. I can see those graphs freezing sometimes for few seconds and during that period values are not collected to the log. By looking at the log afterwards it's hard to see but while logging you can clearly see it happening. I have only used this logging system on last few tuning days so these problems are not linked to that. All previous logs are taken with native Windows.

please make sure your main spark tables are active, set the idle spark selects back to stock. This stray "Tumble Flap Closed" heading is a cosmetic bug in the editor, being fixed now.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    This problem is somewhat solved. I used another '97 Corvette as a base tune and copied all the changes from the one I did earlier and this new tune uses both spark tables as it should. Knock learn started working immediately.