Thread: PCM Issue?

Potential Tuner

PCM Issue?

So i unlocked a guys turbo PCM to use in a turbo conversion on his fg ute, but when i disabled the PATS it didn't work, to clarify the flash worked as it reads back exactly what i wrote it. I initially plugged it into my car (barra swapped ed) for the flashing and no errors coming up during the process but the fuel pump didn't prime like it usually should, i then tried reflashing it in his fg and same thing with a bunch of errors coming up on the dash... Not my first time flashing haha but this one has me stumped

The PCM is a fg mk2 xr6t manual sedan, the car its going into is a fg mk1 xr6 manual ute.

Any hints on what might be happening i know this isn't usually a question for tuners but no idea where else to ask? I'm thinking possibly dodgy pcm and asked him to take it to ford and see if they can see anything wrong with it, otherwise wiring/software changes between mk1-2???

Advanced Tuner
    What did you do to disable PATS, would be best to have a before & after & from memory there are some that are incorrectly mapped.

Advanced Tuner
    as above, what settings did you put pats to?
    for a while ppl were telling me that you can't disable pats in fg pcms but I got it to work with the first one I did and I've never had an issue since. ive always used the same pats settings as ba bf with conversions but I've found when doing stuff in a non conversion setup some things interact differently like 5spd auto pcm not working in a conversion with manual settings used (ie. auto disabled) - the car will stall after startup like its a pats issue but when used in an actual fg it will start and run fine.
    I can't remember the pats settings I used in a mates fg when we did the manual conversion which included swapping pcms but it def. worked fine.

Potential Tuner
    I just swapped the 2 PATS options like how you would with ba/bf, when that didn't work i swapped them back in case they had already been done in the past but still nothing... It was late and he had driven pretty far so i wasn't able to try different combinations or play around with it

Advanced Tuner
    I feel like I might have had to have them both disabled once but cant remember.

Potential Tuner
    How would i find out if they are incorrectly mapped? will be having another crack at it soon

Advanced Tuner
    hey mate, I spoke to your friend that has the car, he messaged me on fb to ask for advice not knowing its me.
    normally pats is obviously just mirrored, 1st is enabled 2nd is disabled, but have a crack doing both enabled or both disabled and see how you go.
    I've got a turbo pcm here, i'll see if I can replicate what you're getting tomorrow, is bit shitty n cold atm. my fg is only a converted manual egas though so not sure if it will get the same issues.