Thread: Launch Exit Speed parameter - limits 1st gear launches?

Launch Exit Speed parameter - limits 1st gear launches?

It looks like the pedal ratio tweaks for low OSS's at 79%+ throttle didn't seem to resolve the mysterious boost/power limiter for launching in 1st gear on a 2.7 EcoBoost F-150. Someone pointed out that there's a parameter missing in HPTuners that is found in SCT (see attached) that I suspect might be the reason for the limit on boost while launching on a 15-up EcoBoost. The pre-15 EcoBoost and transverse EcoBoost ECUs don't seem to have any issues with launching, other than the error message I saw when launching too hard at the dragstrip with my SHO causing it to go into limp home mode.

Any ideas on what the Launch Exist Speed parameter does?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    It looks like the pedal ratio tweaks for low OSS's at 79%+ throttle didn't seem to resolve the mysterious boost/power limiter for launching in 1st gear on a 2.7 EcoBoost F-150. Someone pointed out that there's a parameter missing in HPTuners that is found in SCT (see attached) that I suspect might be the reason for the limit on boost while launching on a 15-up EcoBoost. The pre-15 EcoBoost and transverse EcoBoost ECUs don't seem to have any issues with launching, other than the error message I saw when launching too hard at the dragstrip with my SHO causing it to go into limp home mode.

Any ideas on what the Launch Exist Speed parameter does?
    There are other launch parameters that are associated with this being the mph at when those are no longer valid. Look for more of those in your SCT file to see if that helps.

Senior Tuner
    I would say it makes the desired torque come from the launch table below that speed to the actual driver demand table above that speed. In that case raising torque values in launch table would fix the boost.

I think all of the DD tables were raised, including launch, and nothing would remove that weird limiter in 1st gear for boost.

Senior Tuner
    have you changed anything under idle as far as minimum vss and the airflow allowed at idle?

Isn't that value the same as 44475, Neutral Exit Speed?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugasu View Post
    Isn't that value the same as 44475, Neutral Exit Speed?

Has anyone made any progress on this? This is the first truck I've tuned and I'm making decent progress, but there is obviously a limit in first gear as you can see in this log. Not only is there a limit it seems to limit differently from a stop or from a slow roll.

I looked through in the editor and did not see any Neutral Exit Speed variable or table in the editor? If anyone has an idea or wants to take a look at my tune let me know and I can PM it to you.
    Last edited by Puggyberra; 01-07-2018 at 12:38 PM.