Thread: Corrupt Tune?

Tuner in Training

Corrupt Tune?

I've driven on the same tune since 3/28. No changes, haven't even hooked up to it. Tonight I go in and lower the torque management RPM to 2000 to test it out and I flash, no problems, seems to work. I go to flash it back and it won't rev past 1500. wtf? So I do a full write and it doesn't change anything. I notice TPS isn't responding so I dig into that a bunch, voltages are OK, HPT is seeing the voltage but not reporting the percentage. I hook up and flash another ECU, same deal. so then I start going back and flashing old tunes and voila, it works! I attempt to use the compare tool and it looks like the current tune is missing whole areas of the tune. the DTC list is blank is the main one I notice. Not sure what happened as I've been driving on it fine for almost 2 months.

Any ideas on what may have caused it? All of my writes happened flawlessly, voltages were good, no blown fuses. I can go back and forth with the tune and cause the problem. Both are attached if anyone would like to have a go at it. Also attached is a log from when I tried to drive it thinking maybe it would be OK if under load. It wasn't.

Something must have happened when I hooked up the HPT cable to the OBD port and my computer. Static electricity maybe? I'm just glad it didn't totally fry the ecu.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    The dtc list is always blank on the compare file.
    IAC position never changes either.

Under system general, system options. One says ETC, that seems like it would be the problem. You have one tune for a electronic throttle, one for cable throttle. No tps and no IAC because the ETC tune doesn't use it the same way.

Tuner in Training
    That's so random. Maybe I fat fingered something but I doubt it. Thanks for looking over them and finding the error.

I have experienced tune corruption a few times. The tune is working, you change some MAF or VE cells, save it then flash calibration. Then the car starts to behave erratic with some unrelated faults, sputtering etc.
    Flash the previous tune and problem is fixed.
    It doesn't happen often, I have experienced it maybe 4 times in 8 years.
    File corruption can and does happen, it's software after all.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS