Thread: MAF signal?

Tuner in Training

MAF signal?

So i have less than adequate maf setup... can somebody look at the signal and tell me if im boned? the lb/min seems to be very shifty... i cant get the car as dialed in as i think it should be. If it helps ts a procharged 6.0
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is it like right at a bend or something like that?

Does it have a screen in front of the MAF to try and help smooth out your airflow readings?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Unfortunatly yes and no.

Advanced Tuner
    Where's the maf?
    We need a drive ability tech in here!

Advanced Tuner
    I'd like to recommend an SD tune. That's just a MAF mess right there. Or diameter changes, directional changes, no laminar flow screen, heat sink piping. Great candidate for a remote mount IAT in the manifold, adjustment of the MAT parameters and an SD tune. Just IMHO.

Abaco made a MAF that would help out immensely for these conditions as it was "tunable" to dampen the variation in air turbulence and average out the readings. Unfortunately they have gone out of business. I purchased a used one as a backup since without it I would need to go SD as well. Don't know if its worth doing a search for a used one or not. May be more hassle then its worth.

Tuner in Training
    I'm going to get a flow straightener and either make a new pipe or fit it in the current one.

Tuner in Training
    ordered a straightener. im noticing my st fuel trims in the graphs are great. but the WB signal is jumping all over the place and the long terms are meh... am i doing something wrong? could this be from the maf signal? Should i have ltft turned off?
    Attached Files Attached Files

To me it looks like the wideband is following the rich/lean of stoich pretty spot on, if you slow it down and use your mouse you can see it rise and fall just like the o2 sensors do.

You can turn LTFT's off if you wish, many people do.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ill prolly turn them off. I should also add i get like a stumble, very briefly, but often, i can only assume this is from the maf. i mean correct me if im wrong but the signals should be basically smooth? looking at logs with the stock maf the lines are not nearly as jagged.