Thread: hardware anad service numbers

Tuner

hardware anad service numbers

hi I have a 95 f body I installed a 6.0 in and was using the pcm from that truck for the swap. I now put that truck back together with that pcm . so I installed a pcm of different service number and hardware number from an express van I had around to keep my cable driven throttle body but the express van pcm doesn't have a tach out on that one but my truck did. can I use my j programmer to put the 12576106 service number 12570558 calibration from the truck into the express pcm 12586243 / 12583659

what determines what factory calibrations can be loaded into what besides the obvious 24x vs 58x and idle motor drivers and red and green connectors??
    thanks
    95 z28 with 6.0, 243's milled .030 to about 11:1, ls6 intake and tb, brian tooley stage 3 231/242 617/593 112 lsa , fast/ areomotive fuel system, 1 7/8 tsp longtubes, no cats, turbo 400, 36 lbs GTP injectors

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    Is the pinout physically different on the pcm or is it the same? If it's the same pinout I would think it uses the same processor and maybe even the same hardware aside from hardware revision. But I would double triple and quadruple check. On the old obd 1 stuff I know 93,94,95 trucks pcm's are interchangeable as I have done it. It was just hardware revisions and addition of features such as tcc pwm lockup and linear egr.

Tuner
    Some of the pins are different and the main issue is there is no tach output from the pcm on the express version and when I installed it I left the pin out the same as a truck configuration I had no signal from that cavity on the pcm

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    I'll be very careful trying to flash it over then. It may be compatible but I would be cautious.