Thread: 2017 Dodge Ram 1500 3.0 diesel 240hp

Tuner in Training

2017 Dodge Ram 1500 3.0 diesel 240hp

can we tune this new engine with Hptuners??? I find the this new truck here in my city and I will like to know if HPtuners can read the ECM to tune this truck.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    No, the only way to tune the 1500 Ram's with the 3.0L diesel at the moment is to pull the ecm and flash directly to the board using a K-tag or similar device.

That would be JTAG. The engine is a VM 630T, and Banks knows that engine inside and out. They've gotten over 500 hp out of that V6.

http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/exp...diesel-engine/

They might be able to help.

/edit: Further down that page is the tale of a 400 hp tuned ecodiesel truck, by another tuner.
    Last edited by Monzsta; 05-18-2017 at 08:17 PM.
    Level 3 Master Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram technician
    20 years experience

Potential Tuner

First ever and only available Ecodiesel trans tune!

Yooo guys what's uuupp?!?! I have a 2015 Ram 1500 ecodiesel with compound turbos making over 400hp. The truck you are talking about in truck trend magazine was Ryan Esposito's of Espos Diesel Performance. HE made 500hp and is still the only person in the world that put 500hp to the wheels on one of these trucks. Banks DID NOT do that. In fact I don't think he's exceeded 350hp.Anyways, if you want a trans tune for better performance,fuel economy, lower towing temps. Find me on the Facebook page "Ecodiesel Performance ". Or email me at [email protected]. My name is Michael Guthrie on the ecodiesel performance page and I currently have the only ram ecodiesel with a tuned transmission and it is a completely different truck. Contact me if you're interested in a transmission tune. I don't believe anybody else has released one yet! Hope to hear from you!