Thread: 2008 Silverado 2500HD - 6.0L LY6 S475 Turbo build - HPT NEWB HERE !

Tuner in Training

2008 Silverado 2500HD - 6.0L LY6 S475 Turbo build - HPT NEWB HERE !

Hello everyone my name is Ryan and I just recently purchased HP tuners for my 2008 Silverado 2500HD turbo build. I am finished with the truck for the most part just have to wire up radiator fans. The reason I am posting is that I am new to Hp tuners and looking for some guidance so I can at least fire up the truck in the garage to check everything over (leaks,wiring,etc.) before bringing it to my tuner. Can someone show this newb where to start with settings for all the new modifications such as the 210lb injectors, zr1 map and setup for SD just to get it fired up ? Can't wait to hear it run again !

Basic rundown of truck :
    6.0L LY6 -VVT Deleted
    BTR Stage 2 turbo cam
    BW S475 T6
    12592525 GM Map Sensor ZR1
    GM IAT sensor
    Bosch 210lb injectors
    (2) Walbro 450 pumps
    Fuelab FPR
    -8 feed/return
    E85
    Last edited by GrnZ; 05-15-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Had a tuner friend take a look at my Hp tuners via Team viewer and said that since my truck has the E40 Ecm that scaling the Bosch 210 injectors was going to be a pain Anyone have any pointers ?

Advanced Tuner
    following this thread...

Tuner in Training
    If you do scale everything in the tune you may want to watch the resultant Delivered Torque. Not sure where these are in the E40, but in the early E38 ECUs its important to calibrate your Delivered Torque PID by massaging the Torque Coefficients (EQ Ratio based). You will know you need to do this if your tranny seems to be slipping.

If you end up taking the route of multiplying stoich by X and dividing IFR by X method you wont have to do this.

Tuner in Training
    Truck has E38 Pcm
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Got a base tune started for the truck by a gentleman named Scott . Thank you sir !
    Last edited by GrnZ; 05-30-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnZ View Post
    Got a base tune started for the truck by a gentleman named Scott . Thank you sir you are the man !
    Did that file start the truck?

Tuner in Training
    Jc052685 , Yes the truck did start with me helping it out with the gas pedal. Would not idle on its own though.

Sorry I didn't get back with ya.. I've been covered up with tuning... if it's just and injector issue (since SD) you can do the stoich method (much easier then scaling)

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Sorry I didn't get back with ya.. I've been covered up with tuning... if it's just and injector issue (since SD) you can do the stoich method (much easier then scaling)
    No problem sir !

I have two base tunes from members that PMed me to help , comparing the 2 there are differences . I'm learning the Hp Tuners program slowly but surely but still need guidance. I REALLY appreciate all the help I've been receiving

Tuner in Training
    Here is a base tune done by a great guy from Texas by the name of Jeffry -jc052685 . You are the man ! Thank you !!

Truck runs great !! The LS & Hp Tuners community is beyond awesome !

Tuner in Training
    GrnZ, have you made progress with your build? It is a build that my devil inside my head keeps telling me to do... Do you have any build information on your truck somewhere? Are you towing with it still? Thanks!
    Last edited by 13EcoScrew; 09-28-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    2003 Suburban beater
    2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins - Hoping HPT adds support for it soon
    SOLD - Too many timing chains...2013 FX4 SuperCrew - EcoBust - 6.5' Box - Black FX Appearance Package - Tuning