Thread: Callaway 757 tune help...

Callaway 757 tune help...

Ok, so I have done heads/cam/headers/meth/ and so forth on this a8 car. I have several issues, one of them is the throttle. I command 100% with the pedal, but I get a slow ramp up to 100% TPS and I don't get that until almost 4krpm it seems. The whole DD table thing has me stumped, and I'm not even sure that's where my problem is. My other concern was the KR we saw on the dyno that started about 3800 and did not clear up until 4800. I put a little 109 in it (50/50) and it cleared it up so I believe it was real knock. Even with the race fuel mix, it does not like the timing down there. The tune now seems a bit lean (13.0) but commanding even 12.8 makes it KR. Its obvious I need help here from the pros, so thanks in advance. I don't really know what I'm doing here, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night

Let me see if I can get a couple files loaded here...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    06 Z06 ETP heads, 244/256 hyd. roller, crower stainless shaft rockers, Kooks stepped race headers,elec. w/p, 160 stat, vararam, ram dual disk, ported intake and t-body, 100 shot spray until the 441 goes together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1hrBcq63U

2016 Callaway Z06 a8 3lz zo7
    Heads, cam, headers, 2.3L s/c, 9.5 lower/2.625upper, meth, 103mm t-body,
    Stock high and low fuel system for now (I know right?)

I'll look after a bit!! You still have the factory Callaway file? And are you on the corvette forum?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Yes Ben, it's me John Hebert (JHEBERT)
    Thanks man!
    06 Z06 ETP heads, 244/256 hyd. roller, crower stainless shaft rockers, Kooks stepped race headers,elec. w/p, 160 stat, vararam, ram dual disk, ported intake and t-body, 100 shot spray until the 441 goes together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1hrBcq63U

This is as close to a stock callaway file as I have right now, old laptop took a....

Tuner
    dont see boost in the log.

with the Callaway Supercharger MAP should around 190kpa @ 18 degree spark

maybe you have a problem with belt slip or supercharger Bypass?

Yeah boost peaked around 4-5 psi then dropped like a rock. Look at all that timing at wot!
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    Yes Ben, it's me John Hebert (JHEBERT)
    Thanks man!
    Hey man!!!
    Yes I'll for sure look tonight!!

14 Gen 5 Viper

Just typed a big response and hit the wrong button (facepalm)

Real quick.. Shoot for around 23-25 WOT on MS109 with that setup NOT 30 or more..

Stoich on MS109 pure should be 13.4 or 50/93 around 13.8

DD is STOCK and peak TQ is too high... Pull peak Tq down and mod the DD. This is why its not going 100% throttle and also why its making only 14X KPA (Boost)

Did you install the 102mm TB, bc the scaler needs to be increased

VVT table looks pretty good.

SD tables are stock, those should be modded

PR limit needs to be set to 1.0

PE of .80 is too rich, if anything use a stock C7 Z06 fuel PE table.

THERE was other stuff, but that's off the top of my head.

Main thing is getting fueling right and THROTTLE right and it will come to life and play nice with timing

SOI by adding 20 degrees is not the right way to dial it in.

14 Gen 5 Viper

Thanks guys, I made some changes to the DD, max tq and so on that I think will solve the throttle issue. Please tell me what you think Ben I'm going to fix the belt slip issue (I have inspected the upper pulley and found chunks of belt rib in it), but I am not too comfortable making fueling changes. A buddy of mine who tunes very well did my WOT dyno tuning, but I know this stuff is still a bit above his pay grade right now. He has dyno tuned all of my builds in the last 20yrs (over 25 of them) and I make changes at the track and on the street myself. This gen V shit is going to give me a headache until I can figure it out or get help. I prob need to plan a road trip to a GREAT tuner for this platform. Any ideas?

Potential Tuner
    I had real good luck with Jeremy Formato tuning my Callaway SC757 which is heavily modified. The combination of lighter than factory clutch, big cam, boost, e85, methanol, etc was tricky and he nailed it. It took quite a while but it was worth it. I had to take a road trip to see him too.

Jeremy is a solid tuner!!

John I'll take a look later

14 Gen 5 Viper

Thanks Ben, comparing LS tuning to gen5 truly is like comparing a sip of wine to drinking from a firehose but I'll will get it at some point. I'm pretty sure I can get the throttle blade to follow the pedal now. I like Jeremy, but I am a lot closer to the Houston area than Tampa...maybe Dave could have a crack at it. I have a 2.75 upper pulley here, but I also want to get another 2.6250 and send them both out for the grip tech coating.

John