Thread: Off idle bog-slight backfire

Off idle bog-slight backfire

Any insight on where i should be looking to try and correct this. If I unhook my HVAC vaccuum line it gets better.

Motor is a 96 vortec with CPC conversion,marine ntake,stock LS1 injectors and stock 5.3 MAF sensor and throttle body. Running the 0411 ECM. I have changed all the tables for the injectors and the MAF sensor. I didnt have this issue when I had it running on the test stand.
    2001 Jimmy ,L31 with marine intake,CPC conversion,Nv3500 5 speed,SAS,Dana 44's front and rear,4.30 gears..

Advanced Tuner
    can you load a datalog of the issue

Honestly I dont even know what I should datalog to see where its at. Im learning as I go.

Havent been able to let it run long as I dont have my fans in yet.
    2001 Jimmy ,L31 with marine intake,CPC conversion,Nv3500 5 speed,SAS,Dana 44's front and rear,4.30 gears..

Advanced Tuner
    Needs ALOT more AE. I have the same intake setup and the injectors spray into the port rather than the back of the intake valve like the stock spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast4.7 View Post
    Needs ALOT more AE. I have the same intake setup and the injectors spray into the port rather than the back of the intake valve like the stock spider.
    Whats AE. Havent heard that one.

Advanced Tuner
    Acceleration Enrichment aka Accelerator Pump Shot in carb terms. It is fuel that is momentarily added with the in-rush of air. It is under the transient tab.

Ok Im a big noob at this. I still not seeing that.Untitled.png

Advanced Tuner
    Im running an 0411 in a 97 silverado. These are the exact tables i have in my transient section. When i swapped intakes (edelbrock 29135) I ended up adjusting a couple tables in my transient section. But no where in my transient tables do I have an acceleration enrichment parameter. Is this actually a table your adjusting. Maybe you can elaborate on this a little. The tables I messed with and had seen results from were fuel to wall impact factor gain parameter 12284. And fuel on wall EXP delay Mult vs Airflow. parameter 12281. I got mine mostly sorted out except when ect's are closer to ambient temp during warmup. I still have a small lean spike and lightly noticable bog. But i really try to be nice to the ole girl until she's above 150F* anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleblu View Post
    Im running an 0411 in a 97 silverado. These are the exact tables i have in my transient section. When i swapped intakes (edelbrock 29135) I ended up adjusting a couple tables in my transient section. But no where in my transient tables do I have an acceleration enrichment parameter. Is this actually a table your adjusting. Maybe you can elaborate on this a little. The tables I messed with and had seen results from were fuel to wall impact factor gain parameter 12284. And fuel on wall EXP delay Mult vs Airflow. parameter 12281. I got mine mostly sorted out except when ect's are closer to ambient temp during warmup. I still have a small lean spike and lightly noticable bog. But i really try to be nice to the ole girl until she's above 150F* anyways.
    How much did you have the adjust the tables. Ill play around with it maybe tomm. Ill just add 5 at a time till i can get somewhat close.

Yes hopefully fast 4.7 will chime back in with more info on Acceleration Enrichment

Ok went out and added .5 to the fuel to wall impact factor. No change. Then added .5 to the impact factor gain. Seemed to get better. Will add .5 to the fuel on wall EXP delay Mult vs Airflow table tomm and see where that gets me.

Advanced Tuner
    I added atleast 75-85% under 100 g/s airflow and probably atleast 50% above 100 g/s I would suggest throwing 15-20% more into that under 100 g/s airflow area. Remember i'm running a different intake completely. Im with Fast4.7 on this one I believe this has to do with injector spray angle. As i have noticed my injectors literally spray onto the wall of the runners as opposed to the back of the valve. sometimes i wonder about fixing the crappy machine work that went into the injector area of the intake. but that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleblu View Post
    I added atleast 75-85% under 100 g/s airflow and probably atleast 50% above 100 g/s I would suggest throwing 15-20% more into that under 100 g/s airflow area. Remember i'm running a different intake completely. Im with Fast4.7 on this one I believe this has to do with injector spray angle. As i have noticed my injectors literally spray onto the wall of the runners as opposed to the back of the valve. sometimes i wonder about fixing the crappy machine work that went into the injector area of the intake. but that will never happen.

Ok. None of my tables under the traseient tab are in g/s. They all show lb/hr and are a multiplier.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    g/s is just what i prefer to use if you right click in the row or column you can change the units of measure within most tables. You are in the right tables here is a tune of mine with the transients worked with. maybe you can cross reference some of the changes i have made within the transient section.

dynamic street tune 1.hpt
    Last edited by Oleblu; 05-09-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks. I kinda figured you had yours set to g/sec. Just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing.

Ill give it a try tomm sometime.
    Last edited by bronc3buster842001; 05-09-2017 at 10:29 PM.

Ok i just went ahead and added .75 to both tables. Its alot better. Still not perfect but gets me alot closer.

Is this something we can log and get dialed in or is it a guessing game

Advanced Tuner
    The only real way to watch this happen is through wide band. I can watch mine peg lean when i blip the throttle to release the clutch in gear with the engine cold. I have fully fixed the issue when warm but during warmup I'm still having a little bit of a lean tip in. All in due time we can get this sorted out I'm sure.

Ok. Gona be awhile before I have a wideband to do any real tuning. Still have to get the exhaust done and a few other things. But at least it starts and moves under its own power at the moment.