Thread: "Transport" tune?

Tuner in Training

"Transport" tune?

I'm getting my car shipped cross country soon. What's the best/easiest thing to change to prevent joy rides? I'm thinking 3k rpm and 20 mph limits.

Sure, that seems like it could work.

Worth a shot anyway, try setting the speed limiter to 20mph and then the fuel/spark cut rev limters to something real low and see what it does.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    should I use something like the torque management settings or is there a better way?

Just try what I kinda said, set the speed limiter really low and the rev limiter in gear to something real low and see if it takes.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    sorry, I'm a newb. Here's what I am going to change. The car is down for some suspension repairs but I will report back next week-ish for closure in case someone finds this later.

Speedo>limit>limit by fuel

Engine>fuel>Cutoff,DFCO>RPM limits>P/N Cutoff and >Cutoff RPM vs. Gear>Normal (both because I am running a t5 trans so I am not sure what gear the ecu thinks the vehicle is in)

Although I think torque management is a cleaner way to accomplish this. I will also try the following:
    Engine>Torque Management>Abuse>Drivetrain Abuse>RPM> and Speed <

Advanced Tuner
    Hope the guy doesn't drive it up the trailer, might end up with a burned clutch.
    If you're that paranoid just make it not run so they have to winch it up. I've had it done both ways. I'd be more concerned with where and how they strap it down.
    I had one jackass nearly bottom the suspension on one corner instead of do each a little at a time.
    They don't really take the cars off between pick up and delivery.