Thread: Auto to Manual 700r4

Potential Tuner

Auto to Manual 700r4

I just did a 5.3- 700r4 swap on a 1984 k1500. My question or questions is.
    What do i have to changed out in the tuning for the engine to work correct, now that
    it has a non electric transmission. If some one can help me out or if someone has a
    tune file with a similar set up. No cats, no rear 02, i am using MAF, stock 01 silverado engine
    and the ecm from a tahoe 4.8 auto.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have hp tuners?

Change all needed tables to support the 5.3 on the 4.8 computer, either manually change the cylinder volume, Ve table, timing tables and injectors settings if needed or use the segment swap feature.

Then if possible, use the segment swap feature with a matching OS that runs a manual transmission file to allow you to use the 700R4. Or you can delete all transmission related codes in the DTC's page, disable all torque mngt on the engine/trans side, disable all abuse modes for the transmission and it will run just fine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    yes

Potential Tuner
    Thank you. Anything on the vss hook up ?

Banned
    VCM Editor>Trans>General>Trans Type: Non-Elec Auto

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Change all needed tables to support the 5.3 on the 4.8 computer, either manually change the cylinder volume, Ve table, timing tables and injectors settings if needed or use the segment swap feature.

Then if possible, use the segment swap feature with a matching OS that runs a manual transmission file to allow you to use the 700R4. Or you can delete all transmission related codes in the DTC's page, disable all torque mngt on the engine/trans side, disable all abuse modes for the transmission and it will run just fine.