Thread: Need P59 Compatible OS that has EGR monitor active (not N/A)

Need P59 Compatible OS that has EGR monitor active (not N/A)

Hey guys, looking for an OS from a P59 PCM that is able to display an EGR monitor status. The 03 Silverado file currently in here didn't ever come with an EGR so nothing comes up under the monitors for it.

12579405 is the OS currently in there.

Anyone know what OS from what vehicle can be written in or if there is an OS that a engine diag segment can possibly be swapped in?

Are you just trying to log a wideband through the EGR circuit?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Are you just trying to log a wideband through the EGR circuit?
    Nah, it's a swap vehicle and the EGR monitor needs to be ready to pass inspection for the year vehicle it's in, since the 03 silverado OS that's in there never came with an EGR system even with codes disabled the monitor just doesn't show up at all (N/A).

Hmm, then I'm not sure if you will ever be able to find one that does. GM stopped using the EGR after 2002 on the trucks/cars with LS motors. I know I've never seen a P59 powered vehicle with a EGR hooked up.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    The only P59 PCM (1Mb) that I know of, that has the EGR systems enabled, is for a 2003 L18 8.1L - using OS 12579405.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
    The only P59 PCM (1Mb) that I know of, that has the EGR systems enabled, is for a 2003 L18 8.1L - using OS 12579405.
    do you know if the engine diag segment is swappable into the existing os? From what i recall the 8.1l os's as a whole were very limited in what you can adjust in them

looks like they can't be segment swapped cause the 8.1 uses a separate TCM

You may need to swap a 0411 PCM, I have never seen a P59 with active EGR. All P59 operating systems I have seen have the EGR disabled in the code and all DTC's turned off.
    You can try enabling everything in the tune to see if the diagnostics come to life but it's very likely that the code isn't there.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by xrelapse13 View Post
    looks like they can't be segment swapped cause the 8.1 uses a separate TCM
    In 2003 the L18 8.1L used a P59 (1Mb) PCM, and still used an EGR valve. The EGR function was active within the calibration, including the DTCs reporting.

If the 8.1L was paired with an Allison transmission, then these used a separate TCM.

However, in 2003 the 8.1L was paired with the 4L80E (no separate TCM) in 2500 series Avalanche, Suburban, and Yukon.

This is the tune that you will need to make things work.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    You may need to swap a 0411 PCM, I have never seen a P59 with active EGR. All P59 operating systems I have seen have the EGR disabled in the code and all DTC's turned off.
    You can try enabling everything in the tune to see if the diagnostics come to life but it's very likely that the code isn't there.
    In 2003 the L18 8.1L used a P59 (1Mb) PCM, and still used an EGR valve. The EGR function was active within the calibration, including the DTCs reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post

If the 8.1L was paired with an Allison transmission, then these used a separate TCM.

However, in 2003 the 8.1L was paired with the 4L80E (no separate TCM) in 2500 series Avalanche, Suburban, and Yukon.

This is the tune that you will need to make things work.
    Tried searching in the repository for one of these with no luck, only came up with the Allison ones. I"ll see if i can find one of these. Any chance you or anyone has one?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by xrelapse13 View Post
    Tried searching in the repository for one of these with no luck, only came up with the Allison ones. I"ll see if i can find one of these. Any chance you or anyone has one?
    There are two 2003 Chev Suburban 8.1L calibrations available for download in the repository. Both are 4L80 transmission vehicles.

Found them on second look with different filter options. Thanks again man.

Just need to swap the diag segment or engine as well?